Ask the Expert Series: How to Identify Signs of Labour?

Hello everyone! 👋 As your estimated-date-of-delivery (EDD) approaches, signs of labour are crucial indicators for expectant parents to note of. As a medical professional and a parent myself, I am delighted to be hosting this session to address your concerns and questions pertaining to signs and symptoms to look out for as your enter the final stage of your pregnancy. I am Dr Peter Wang, MBBS Anchor Doctor at Speedoc. Feel free to leave your questions or concerns in the comments section. I will do our best to respond to every question! 💡🗣️ Topic: How to Identify Signs of Labour? Date: Wednesday, 18th October 2023 Time: 8.00 - 9.00 pm

Ask the Expert Series: How to Identify Signs of Labour?
27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

some friends have mentioned experiencing a "lightning crotch" sensation before labor. What does this mean??

7mo trước

"Lightning crotch" is a colloquial term used to describe a sharp, shooting pain in the vaginal or pelvic area during pregnancy. It often feels like a sudden, intense, electric shock or stabbing pain, and it can radiate from the vaginal or pelvic region down the thighs. This sensation can be quite uncomfortable and alarming, but it's generally a common and benign symptom experienced by some pregnant individuals. It is sometimes referred to as "lightning crotch" due to the sudden and striking nature of the pain. While lightning crotch can be uncomfortable, it is usually not a sign of impending labor or a serious medical concern. However, if the pain is severe, persistent, or accompanied by other symptoms like bleeding, fluid leakage, or changes in fetal movement, it's essential to contact your healthcare provider for evaluation and guidance.