Ask the Expert Series: What Are The Danger Signs in Newborns?

Hello everyone! 👋 As a healthcare professional, I understand that the health and well-being of your newborn is of utmost importance. Hence, I am thrilled to be hosting this session to address your concerns about the danger signs in newborns that you should be aware of. I am Dr Smily Lock, MBBS, MMed (FM), Head of Healthcare Solutions (Chronic and Long-Term Care) at Speedoc.👩‍💼 During this session, I will be sharing insights on how you can identify potential health risks and danger signs in your newborn. 🚨 From common warning signs to more severe symptoms, I will be delighted to share my opinion on how you can ensure your baby stays healthy. Kindly leave your questions in the comments section below. We will do our best to respond to every question! 💡🗣️ Topic: What Are The Danger Signs in Newborns? Date: Wednesday, 10th May 2023 Time: 8.00 - 9.00 pm

Ask the Expert Series: What Are The Danger Signs in Newborns?
13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Can a mother’s postpartum depression impact  the health and development of newborns? What are the related danger signs?

12mo trước

Dear user, thank you for your question. A mother's postpartum depression may affect an infant's weight gain, increase infant physical health concerns, and increased infant nighttime awakenings at 9 months. One of the danger signs to look for include tapering growth centiles, which can be seen by observing the trends in the child's weight, height and head circumference. These markers are found in the child's health booklet. If postpartum depression is picked up, medical advice should be sought at the earliest opportunity.