Ask the Expert Series: Try to Conceive through Traditional Chinese Medicine

Hello Everyone! Excited to “see” you! I am Physician Jolene Chong, TCM Physician and Advisor, Market Development at Eu Yan Sang TCM Premier Clinic, Paragon Medical Suites. Together with the team at TAP, we would love to help as many of you as we can on your conceiving journey. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has been experiencing a growing acceptance to complement Western medicine in treating common fertility conditions in today's society. We are able to devise the ideal personalized combination of treatments (such as consumption of Chinese herbal prescriptions, acupuncture, moxibustion, cupping etc) to target any issue faced by a patient after understanding your body constitution. While treating each patient, TCM also addresses the overall well-being of the patient and aims to improve his/her holistic health. #advicepls #pleasehelp #improvefertility #infertility #sub-fertility #traditionalchinesemedicine #tcm #herbs #acupuncture #cupping #moxibustion #euyansang #euyansangtcmpremiercenter #paragonmedical ------------------ 👩-what nourishment can I eat from TCM ? can I eat bird nest and chicken essence? which trimester can I start eating 👩‍⚕️ Bird Nest and Chicken Essence are fine for consumption by pregnant ladies, and they can be consumed throughout your pregnancy. Other nourishing herbs which you can consider taking would be 党参、茯苓、山药、玉竹 etc for the improvement of your digestive system; 莲子、百合 for the improvement of your respiratory system and calming of mind and spirit. Hope this clarifies your doubt! :) 👩 Any food to avoid while taking TCM? 👩‍⚕️ I would advise my patients to avoid Radish (which may reduce the effectiveness of my prescription) and Grapefruit (which may heightened the effects of my prescription to undesirable levels). It is also essential to note to have an interval of 2 hours with any other Western medications and/or supplements which you are taking. Hope this clarifies your doubts! :) Here are some questions asked in our community, and we got the answers for you ✅

Ask the Expert Series: Try to Conceive through Traditional Chinese Medicine
25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Chuyên gia

Qns: What herbs should I avoid when trying to conceive? From: Vindis Choice Every TCM herb has its own properties, and we select the usage of each individual herb with the objective to balance any disharmony in your body and attempt to restore the balance. Therefore it is essential that one avoids taking herbs which will add on your body's problems, for example, one with a cool body constitution still continues to drink cooling herbal tea regularly, or one with heat-dampness body constitution continues to consume herbs of warm properties. Thus it is essential for you to understand your body constitution in order to remove excessive body toxins and replenishes your deficiencies. Hope this clarifies your doubt! :)

Read more
Chuyên gia

Qns: Is it safe to continue TCM during pregnancy? From: Anonymous It is advisable to seek opinions from a professional TCM Physician on the suitable herbs which are safe for consumption during pregnancy. With the right guidance, herbs can be used to alleviate problems which pregnant ladies may encounter, such as morning sickness, lower back ache, fatigue, loss of appetite, sleeping issues etc. The same goes for acupuncture, should one prefer acupuncture treatment, it should be administered by a professional TCM Physician as there are certain acupoints which should be avoided for pregnant ladies, similarly to herbs. Some herbs are to be avoided totally to prevent adverse effect to both Mummy & Baby.

Read more
Chuyên gia

Qns: How does TCM help fertility? From: Nadeesha Lakmini Hi Nadeesha, TCM is able to assist fertility in many ways, mainly to address each individual's body's issues and balances things up to achieve the objective. For instance, for a lady with a "cold womb", we will aim to warm the womb and build up an environment and system which is suitable for the reproductive organs to work in their optimal condition. For another with "irregular menstruation" due to blood stasis, we will aim to improve the blood circulation, remove blood clots and resume a healthy ovarian system. TCM views our body as a whole – mind, body, and spirit, and aims to resume the balance of this system.

Read more
Chuyên gia

Qns: How long does it take to get pregnant with Chinese medicine? From: Nadeesha Fernando An usual treament cycle lasts for three menstrual cycles. TCM herbs help to increase fertility during this period by balancing hormones, optimizing your mind and spirit, and improving Qi and Blood flow to the reproductive organs. Hope this clarifies your doubts! :)

Read more
Chuyên gia

Qns: Do I need stop taking TCM if my period is missed? From: Anonymous If you suspect of being pregnant when you miss your period, it is advisable to check with your TCM Physician on the suitability of your continual consumption of the prescription. When the time is right, do a pregnancy test and update your Physician to get your next step of action.

Read more
Chuyên gia

Qns: What Chinese medicine is good for fertility? From: Anonymous Many TCM herbs are beneficial for fertility, most specifically those that are able to nourish our Kidneys, which is the most vital organ related to the reproductive system in the eyes of TCM. Herbs such as 菟丝子,桑寄生,杜仲,续断 etc are some which are commonly used.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

From my first birth 1 year ago, I developed post natal hypothyroidism and have super irregular menstrual cycles. How can TCM help me plan number 2. What are your suggestions?

1y trước

Hi Roshni, TCM will be able to assist in terms of herbal prescriptions and acupuncture to balance your internal hormones. Apart from that, this hormonal balance will also improve your egg quality, support healthy reproductive organs and enhance embryo implantation to a healthy and thickened endometrium lining to help plan your second child. TCM is also able to help you manage symptoms which you encounter from hypothyroidism such as fatigue, weight gain, cold intolerance etc. With regards to your irregular menstrual cycles, we will have to evaluate the root cause in order to treat it effectively. Hope this clarifies your doubts! :)

Chuyên gia

Good Evening Everyone! Thanks for your active participation! We shall now start replying your individual questions one by one...! :) --- Physician Jolene Chong

I have just gone through a miscarriage 2 weeks ago. If I start taking Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) , Will I be able to avoid miscarriage next time?

1y trước

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. After a miscarriage, it is essential to do a proper "clean-up" of the uterus and ensure there is no blood stasis issues in future. TCM is certainly able to aid in your body's recuperation and assists to prepare it for the next pregnancy. It is also essential to ensure we tackle any other structural issues if necessary in conjunction with TCM treatment to improve the chances of a successful next pregnancy. Hope this clarifies your doubts! :)

what nourishment can I eat from TCM ? can I eat bird nest and chicken essence ? which trimester can I start eating ?

1y trước

Bird Nest and Chicken Essence are fine for consumption by pregnant ladies, and they can be consumed throughout your pregnancy. Other nourishing herbs which you can consider taking would be 党参、茯苓、山药、玉竹 etc for the improvement of your digestive system; 莲子、百合 for the improvement of your respiratory system and calming of mind and spirit. Hope this clarifies your doubt! :)