Ask the Expert Series: Try to Conceive through Traditional Chinese Medicine

Hello Everyone! Excited to “see” you! I am Physician Jolene Chong, TCM Physician and Advisor, Market Development at Eu Yan Sang TCM Premier Clinic, Paragon Medical Suites. Together with the team at TAP, we would love to help as many of you as we can on your conceiving journey. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has been experiencing a growing acceptance to complement Western medicine in treating common fertility conditions in today's society. We are able to devise the ideal personalized combination of treatments (such as consumption of Chinese herbal prescriptions, acupuncture, moxibustion, cupping etc) to target any issue faced by a patient after understanding your body constitution. While treating each patient, TCM also addresses the overall well-being of the patient and aims to improve his/her holistic health. #advicepls #pleasehelp #improvefertility #infertility #sub-fertility #traditionalchinesemedicine #tcm #herbs #acupuncture #cupping #moxibustion #euyansang #euyansangtcmpremiercenter #paragonmedical ------------------ 👩-what nourishment can I eat from TCM ? can I eat bird nest and chicken essence? which trimester can I start eating 👩‍⚕️ Bird Nest and Chicken Essence are fine for consumption by pregnant ladies, and they can be consumed throughout your pregnancy. Other nourishing herbs which you can consider taking would be 党参、茯苓、山药、玉竹 etc for the improvement of your digestive system; 莲子、百合 for the improvement of your respiratory system and calming of mind and spirit. Hope this clarifies your doubt! :) 👩 Any food to avoid while taking TCM? 👩‍⚕️ I would advise my patients to avoid Radish (which may reduce the effectiveness of my prescription) and Grapefruit (which may heightened the effects of my prescription to undesirable levels). It is also essential to note to have an interval of 2 hours with any other Western medications and/or supplements which you are taking. Hope this clarifies your doubts! :) Here are some questions asked in our community, and we got the answers for you ✅

Ask the Expert Series: Try to Conceive through Traditional Chinese Medicine
25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My husband is having fertility problems . I just want to know Can TCM improve fertility of men?

How long does it take to get pregnant with Chinese medicine?

1y trước

Hi Nadeesha! :) Your enquiry is answered as above. Hope it clarifies your doubt! --- Physician Jolene Chong

Can TCM help a couple in their late 40s to conceive?

What herbs should I avoid when trying to conceive?

1y trước

Thank you Vindis! :) Your enquiry is answered as above. Hope it clarifies your doubt! --- Physician Jolene Chong

Do I need stop taking TCM if my period is missed?

1y trước

Hi, thank you! :) Your enquiry is answered as above. Hope it clarifies your doubt! --- Physician Jolene Chong

what kind of TMC herbs would help for conceive?

1y trước

Hi Nadia, in our TCM treatment plan, we usually give different prescriptions according to your body constitution, menstrual cycle and if you have any other medical conditions. In general, after your menstrual cycle, we provide herbs which replenishes your Kidney Yin. During ovulation, we boost your Qi and Blood. After ovulation, we attempt to warm the womb and create the optimal uterus environment for fertilization to take place. Thus we suggest for you to see your professional TCM Physician for the suitable herbs to help you conceive. Hope this clarifies your doubts! :)

Is it safe to continue TCM during pregnancy?

1y trước

Hello! :) Your enquiry is answered as above. Hope it clarifies your doubt! --- Physician Jolene Chong

What Chinese medicine is good for fertility?

1y trước

Thank you! :) Your enquiry is answered as above. Hope it clarifies your doubt! --- Physician Jolene Chong

Hi, I have PCOS. How can TCM help?

1y trước

TCM deems PCOS related to Spleen-and-Kidney Deficiency coupled with Phlegm-Dampness and Blood-Stasis. Thus we aim to tackle the problem in these aspects and will also be able to assist with the alleviation of symptoms such as irregular menstruation, menstrual cramps, weight gain, skin or hair issues arising from hormonal imbalances etc through the use of TCM herbs and/or acupuncture. Hope this clarifies your doubts! :)

Any food to avoid while taking TCM?

1y trước

Hi Teena! I would advise my patients to avoid Radish (which may reduce the effectiveness of my prescription) and Grapefruit (which may heightened the effects of my prescription to undesirable levels). It is also essential to note to have an interval of 2 hours with any other Western medications and/or supplements which you are taking. Hope this clarifies your doubts! :)