How to Balance Parenthood with Other Parts of Your Life

Hello everyone! Excited to “see” you! I am Kristy Yong (BS (PSYCH), M.Coun, Internationally Licensed Counsellor with Australian Counselling Association) Director of Oasis Counselling Services Together with the team at TheAsianParent, we would love to address your concerns about all your balancing parenting and work stress. Leave your questions in the comment section below, and we will do our best to respond to them! Topic: How to Balance Parenthood with Other Parts of Your Life Date: Wednesday, 26th April 2023 Time: 8-9pm

How to Balance Parenthood with Other Parts of Your Life
11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How much time do we need to spend with our kids daily? How can working mum find time for that?

12mo trước

Hi Nadeesha, that's a good question. I would say that children has very short attention spend. Actually is never about the length of time spend but how quality is the time spent with the child. As a family therapist, i strongly encourage 1-1 dedicated time with individual child. I usually called it a mommy and (your child's name) time, where child gets to pick what would they like to do in that time with you. So, its very intentional and purposeful during that time. I would encourage parents to remove their phones during that time and just quality time spent with the child. It doesnt have to be long, it can be just a 20-30 mins time together and this quality time with child can do wonders. Child feels connected and their love tank is filled up because its a special time they get with their parents. I hope this helps!