Ask the Expert Series: How Can I Build a Strong Relationship With My Child?

Hello everyone! Excited to “see” you! I am Amalina Yahya, Naluri Mental Health Coach. Together with the team at TheAsianParent, we would love to address your concerns about all your relationship problems with your little one. Leave your questions in the comment section below, and we will do our best to respond to them! Topic: How Can I Build a Strong Relationship With My Child? Date: Wednesday 12th April 2023 Time: 8.00 p.m. - 9.00 p.m

Ask the Expert Series: How Can I Build a Strong Relationship With My Child?
10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My toddler always do every thing what ever way he wants. Never like to listen to others, even for mum and dad/ Is it normal? How can I get close to him and build better relationship?

1y trước

Positive Reinforcement: Praise your toddler when they follow instructions or do something well. For example, say, "Great job putting away your toys! Let's play a game together now." Spend Quality Time: Spend quality time with your toddler every day. This can help build a stronger relationship and make your child more receptive to your instructions. Consistency: Be consistent with your expectations and consequences. If your toddler doesn't follow instructions, give them a consequence that's appropriate for their age, such as a time-out or losing a privilege.