Qn for breastfeeding mums

Hi mamas! Need some advice from breastfeeding mums. I'll be bringing my baby out for the first time. He's usually latching but we've tried bottle feeding him on and off. When you bring baby out but you prefer to bottle feed baby, how do you prepare the milk? How do I keep milk thawed, how do I melt it and then warm it up when I'm outside? Or is it just easier to find a nursing room to breastfeed? #firstmom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Before I leave the house, I warm up a bottle of milk,and put tt in a portable milk warmer. One of those battery operated wireless warmers tt u can find on shopee. For other milk portions, ill bring them chilled , placed in a cooler bag with ice packs. After baby drinks tt bottle of warmed milk,I replace the bottle with a clean bottle, and pop the chilled milk into the warmer coz it takes about an hr to warm up. By the time the second bottle is to be drank, the battery on the warmer would have about finished, so either bring a power bank, or get ready to find a nursing room with hot water ( rmb to bring sth to warm the milk in too) Yea,bottle logistics isn't easy haha. But doable la

Read more
2t trước

thank you. I didn't ask the above question but as a. reader, your method helps. thanks for sharing 🙏🏻

I usually pump before I go out, the milk can keep for 3-4 hours :) if my baby just drank before going out then I’ll put a few ice pack in the cooler bag. Then get hot water to warm up if needed, or just feed If it’s from the fridge then just cooler bag and warm up outside. Can just req for hot water at restaurants. Or I brought a thermos mug and hot water before to heat up myself

Read more
2t trước

🙏🏻 thanks

Thành viên VIP

Umm i chose the breastfeeding option because i absolutely cannot handle bottle logistics etc. It can get frustrating to run around finding nursing rooms, and there will be a time when baby doesnt want to feed outside too(maybe its just my baby 😁). If u could practice, trying feeding anywhere under a nursing cover. I chose not to so back to the room hunting and coaxing baby.

Read more
2t trước

thank you

You can get a portable milk warmer that looks like a pouch on Lazada