Ask the Expert Series: How Can I Build a Strong Relationship With My Child?

Hello everyone! Excited to “see” you! I am Amalina Yahya, Naluri Mental Health Coach. Together with the team at TheAsianParent, we would love to address your concerns about all your relationship problems with your little one. Leave your questions in the comment section below, and we will do our best to respond to them! Topic: How Can I Build a Strong Relationship With My Child? Date: Wednesday 12th April 2023 Time: 8.00 p.m. - 9.00 p.m

Ask the Expert Series: How Can I Build a Strong Relationship With My Child?
10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How can we have strong relationships with kids? any tips?

1y trước

Building a strong relationship with children requires time, effort, and patience. Here are some tips that can help you build strong relationships with kids: 1) Show unconditional love and support 2) When children talk to you, give them your full attention and listen actively. 3) Spend quality time with your children, and be present in the moment. Avoid distractions, such as phones or television, and focus on enjoying the time you have together. 4) Consistency is key in building trust and reliability. Be consistent in your actions, words, and expectations. Children feel safe and secure when they know what to expect from you. 5) Encourage them to express their thoughts and feelings, and validate their emotions. Let them know that their opinions matter, and that you value their input. 6) Building strong relationships with children takes time and effort. Be patient and don't expect immediate results.