Ask the Expert Series: How Can I Build a Strong Relationship With My Child?

Hello everyone! Excited to “see” you! I am Amalina Yahya, Naluri Mental Health Coach. Together with the team at TheAsianParent, we would love to address your concerns about all your relationship problems with your little one. Leave your questions in the comment section below, and we will do our best to respond to them! Topic: How Can I Build a Strong Relationship With My Child? Date: Wednesday 12th April 2023 Time: 8.00 p.m. - 9.00 p.m

Ask the Expert Series: How Can I Build a Strong Relationship With My Child?
10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I heard that being a parent and friend to your child are not possible especially when you have to discipline your child. What is your opinion on this?

1y trước

Many experts agree that being a parent and a friend to your child are not mutually exclusive, but rather they complement each other. Parents can provide support, love, and guidance to their children while also being able to set boundaries, enforce rules, and discipline them when necessary. However, it is essential to remember that the parent-child relationship is unique and different from a friendship. Parents have a responsibility to guide and protect their children, whereas friends have no such obligation. Therefore, when it comes to discipline, parents need to make sure they are not compromising their role as authority figures in their child's life. Discipline should be done in a way that is respectful, age-appropriate, and consistent. Parents should communicate clearly with their children about what behaviors are expected of them and what consequences they will face. It's important to recognize that discipline doesn't have to be harsh or punitive; it can also involve positive rei