Bro's gf and sil like to ask my son to kiss them by the mouth. I don like the idea but everyone else seems ok about it. Why cant they give a peck on the cheek or son kisses them by the cheek? What i feel is, can my son happily happily kiss anyone by the mouth just because the person likes him? Eg: stranger by the road?(ok im very extreme, but just wanna state a general example)

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I don't even kiss my own son's mouth haha, not something I'm okay with - even my parents are only allowed to kiss his cheeks. I'd tell them nicely that I don't like it because of concerns over health (adults being carrier of a disease and passing to LO, sometimes turns to death), safety (don't want him to be kissing random strangers) and consent (he needs to learn what are "good" and "bad" touches/behaviour, and no SIL or bro's gf are not allowed to). If they don't listen then be firm and limit contact.

Read more

Yikes! Kissing at the mouth is a big NO NO to me .. I don't even do that to my own kids cos I do not like the idea of germs spreading by kissing by mouth especially when LO is still v young . Can always kiss on the cheeks . Sorry but I'm jus more paranoid . You can jus tell them politely that you are Not comfortable with kissing at mouth . You are the Mother , u have absolute right to tell them

Read more

I hv tiz prob too.. But not totally e same.. I hv a neighbor auntie who juz love to kiss my 9mths old boy on e mouth... I already said many times openly tat its better to kiss on e cheek.. But she is still doing it.. We will get to see her 4 days a week.. I'm not happy with it too..

Thành viên VIP

thats so ridiculous.. Protect your child and learn to say NO.. its very unhygenic to do that and its not right to educate him this way.. This will also spread germs to LO. As a mum you have the right to say them and protect your child

Kissing on the mouth is not advisable. Lo is too young perhaps you may want to tell them nicely to kiss babies cheeks instead.

better not, in case of hfmd