will baby ezcema heal on its own without steriod cream?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Unfortunately no. It’s better to treat it. Baby actually feels very annoyed and uncomfortable when there’s a flare up. Moisturise and moisturise. I used ceredan shower and lotion for my LO. I brought my kids to see a doc and confirmed both had eczema. I was prescribed steroid cream and I used it very sparsely on then. Once they showed recovery, I stopped and moisturise. Doc advised me to use moisturizer and after the moisturizer is dry, Dab the same area with baby powder. Repeat this daily and it will ease the itch and flare up. So far it works for my kids. My #1 suffered for so long (4yrs) and finally at 5yo, he hardly had flare up (*touch wood!).

Read more
Thành viên VIP

You need to know the cause of the eczema. If it’s due to an allergy, you may want to consider seeing a PD to do a skin prick test for your baby. It could be dust, wheat, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts etc. If it’s dry skin (in air con environment) leading to eczema, you need to moisturise your baby’s skin every 2-3 hours. You can buy a good moisturiser and need not require steroids cream.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

It takes time to heal. Use water to clean & moisturiser will do. Have to keep it clean all the time Avoid steroid cream sometimes can cause more drying. Too dry can irritate baby skin further

Read more
Super Mom

I avoided steroid too. But must maintain tc of the area. Also more gentle at those areas while showering. I tried cooler water too. Not too warm.

Thành viên VIP

It won’t fully recover. To manage it, constantly apply moisturiser after shower and after washing the baby’s face after each feed.

Thành viên VIP

How old is baby? Still breastfeeding? Try to cut out allergens from your diet and see if the eczema improves

Influencer của TAP

I try to avoid apply steroid, I use moisturizer instead. Not fully recover but it helps my boy

Hey, It will improve gradually. Keep moisturising regularly and you should see improvements

Super Mom

Cannot recover but can control and maintain.

Thành viên VIP

Hard. Try apply baby Vaseline or pawpaw