Would you be comfortable with other family members posting pictures of your baby on Facebook?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Once a while, I guess it's fine to post pictures of my kids since most of them have their Facebook on private and do not add random people they do not know. But every single one of my relatives have been briefed, nothing degraded or pictures of my daughter's "chaokeng" online. Nothing embarassing. The embarassing ones are for me to keep of course and if it's possible, run by me via whatsapp to see if it's okay. Most of my relatives are pretty okay with it and I do the same with their kids too.

Read more

it absolutely depends on who is uploading the picture and what the entire scene is as depicted. if it is immediate family members, such as my parents or partner's parents, i trust their judgement but will still take a look first. if i am not comfortable i will ask them to remove it. however, i have almost stopped using FB myself and am very restrictive about who can see my kids' images, so i guess i will ask them to remove it.

Read more

I'm more than happy that they take photo with my son. They don't need my permission, in fact I don't see why the need for permission when they are my son's family members and half a parent to my son. I don't want to be a barrier to my son forming an relationship with external family members. With that said, if you know someone have bad intention, then is your duty to protect your son from him/her.

Read more

I am fine with my family members to post pictures of my baby if they ask my permission first. If they do not ask my permission, I will gently remind them not to post pictures especially nude/without any cloth on my baby. So far, myself, my husband, PIL, parents, and close relatives are not quite active in FB and thus I have no issue in dealing with family members posting pictures without permission.

Read more

I am fine with my family members to post pictures of my baby if they ask my permission first. If they do not ask my permission, I will gently remind them not to post pictures especially nude/without any cloth on my baby. So far, myself, my husband, PIL, parents, and close relatives are not quite active in FB and thus I have no issue in dealing with family members posting pictures without permission.

Read more

If it's a picture of them playing or interacting with the child, then why not? I have done that but I usually ask for permission from the parents, which I'd appreciate if the courtesy was returned but even if it doesn't, then it's alright too. Usually, such pictures are taken during holidays like Christmas and birthdays so it's okay since it's once a year thing.

Read more

Definitely no. Even for my husband and myself, we will have to remind each other not to post certain photos especially those which reveals personal details. Also, we make sure our fb profile is set to “friends only” as we are parents and careful with our children’s privacy but not everyone think it is important.

Read more

Not at all. Given the times we live in, I don't think anyone else barring parents should post photos of children on the internet. It amounts to violation of privacy. It would be a good idea if the person seeks my permission before doing any such thing.

Well, depends on what type of photos. Cute ones ok. No naked ones. And not too many and often.

Yes. But depends on who it is. And what the picture is showing.