Sty in The Eye

My wife is pregnant and craving wine. I know we shouldn’t drink but my mother said if I don’t give her the craving I will start to get a sty in my eye. Is this true?

35 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I've read online that pregnant lady can drink a small amount of wine everyday or alternate days. But i dont want to risk it too since i can syop my cravings. I think some crave should be handed with a little more logic, i think its wise to stop her from drinking excessively or just give her a little per day is fine. Please double confirm with your Gynea.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

Of course you not get a sty in your eye. That’s just an old wife’s tale. Not true at all. As for drinking when pregnant, there are different perspective on that. Personally I would not drink when pregnant. Check with your ob-gyne to be sure

This is the first time I am hearing this. But actually, drinking wine and alcohol in general has adverse effect on you and your baby. Here an article if you want more information https://sg.theasianparent.com/fetal-alcohol-syndrome.

Never heard before. But not all acholic drink are bad for pregnancy, my wife use to drink yomeishu when she is pregnant. One small shot every night. She gave birth to our daughter and our baby rarely sees the doctor since birth.

Not true😂😂 i use to have wine cravings too give just half a glass it doesn’t harm the baby just ask her to drink more water or fresh juice so she will pee out the wine faster

Thành viên VIP

Ha ha it’s kind of myth .. older ones says tht .. it causes more drooling with babies if any thing wants to eat or drink but not happened to take it while in pregnancy..

Thành viên VIP

Certainly not true! My gynae said that one glass of red wine occassionally is quite alright. However, clear this with your wife's gynae.

Thành viên VIP

Not true! All alcoholic drink are not good for pregnancy mummies!!

Thành viên VIP

This is the first time I heard of this but interesting....🤔