Am I a bad parent if I taught my daughter to poke her class bully in the eye if she makes her sad again?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think when our child comes back telling us that somebody hit her, the instant thought that comes to most of us is, 'you should have hit that child back.' And to be honest, I not only secretively think all this, but I have told my daughter many a times that if the kid will hurt you again, hit that kid back, only to feel later (what kind of life am I raising!). We parents, too, were kids ones, and the part of that kid stays with us for quite a time (even beyond our 30s and for some even till 70s), and in such circumstances, we advice our kids what we would have done. And being a parent, we ourselves get hurt if we get to know that our kid has suffered. But, this is where perhaps 'good' parenting comes in the forefront. I think by advising the kid to follow the idiom, 'tit for tat', we are not rearing a future that this world requires. The world is full of such people. By this I don't mean, that keep getting slapped or hurt, but we should tell the child that you can report the bad behaviour or action of another child to the teacher who would look into the matter and may be discuss with the concerned parents if the behaviour continues. So, I think preparing your child to be alert and not to get bogged down by the situation is what one can teach the child.

Read more

i don't think you are a bad parent if you teach your child to fight out against a bully. but i think you are wrong in teaching to poke someone in the eye! imagine if your child hits the bully in the eye and something goes wrong. what if the bully loses vision or suffers some damage or injury? isn't that a little too much punishment? and how will it make your child feel? hitting back with a push or a slap is fine, but specifically poking in the eye, i feel, is a horribly dangerous idea.

Read more

I think you're just being protective, which is natural. That's a creative way to deal with bullies but it will probably get your daughter in trouble with the teachers if the bully decides to snitch on her. Maybe you can think of other ways to deal with the bully that will keep your daughter out of trouble?

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-10328)

Why would you do that? Yes, you must teach your kid to stand up for herself but not hurt anyone. If at all the bullying becomes too much she could push the bully out of the way.

You shouldn't teach your child to inflict pain on someone! She can retaliate verbally but not poke her eye!!