What do you do when your child doesn't want to eat no matter what type of food you serve for that particular meal?

What do you do when your child doesn't want to eat no matter what type of food you serve for that particular meal?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am very fussy about my child having his food and when that doe not happen on time, I become very anxious. One day, it happened so that my daughter refused to eat. And seeing this I became very restless, and I fed her forcefully and she kept crying all that while. Later, my husband told me that I behaved very badly with my child, and tried to make understand that if the kid is not having one meal, then it doesn't not mean that the child will faint or all his energy will deplete. He told me, all the energy I thought she got from having food was a waste as during all that while the baby was crying, and it did not make sense. He said a vey logical thing that whenever someone feels hungry, be it, baby or an adult, they ask or fetch food. And the same thing will happen with our daughter also. When she will feel hungry, she will ask for food on her own. So, that day I learnt a lesson that we should not force our children to eat. Sometimes, it may be that they really do not feel like, or their system demands a little more time, and we should give that once in a while.

Read more

My Elderly son picky eater, sometimes, he eat one bite or 2bite in each meal, then he say to me i want milk, so i just give milk , 1day almost 10bottle he drink because he so hungry but he dont want eat , when checkup time i tell to nurse and then nurse give me a suggestion to give this kid a vitamin which is lysine, then my sons keep eating the vitamins until 4-5month , then today no more vitamins, because he eat more than my expectation, im happy because my sons eat 3time /day, so no need vitamins anymore , but he still picky eater, because he will choose whats he want or not,

Read more

I do not feed my child forcefully if all the love and being little stern also doesn't help. I leave the child and I believe that when the kid is hungry, he himself will ask for food and there is no harm in having it after some time than at the time you want him to have food. Sometimes, you should let the child be.

Read more

just make sure they see drinking lots of fluids and keep trying to give them food, my sons dr said its easy and normal for kids to walk and eat, I know bad habit but it's really helped now he will only want to sit in his high chair and eat, he doesn't walk around anymore but with them exploring its fun with food

Read more

Una tatanungin namin sya kung ano talagang gusto nyang meal. Pero pag wala talaga, nililibang namin sya habang kumakain. Para ma-divert yung attention nya, saka namin isusubo yung pagkain. Di nya mapapansin, kinakain na pala nya yung meal.

there must be a way to get the meals down... patiently serve and feed the child in bits to avoiding throwing up the food.

thanks