What do you do when your child doesn't want to eat no matter what type of food you serve for that particular meal?

What do you do when your child doesn't want to eat no matter what type of food you serve for that particular meal?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am very fussy about my child having his food and when that doe not happen on time, I become very anxious. One day, it happened so that my daughter refused to eat. And seeing this I became very restless, and I fed her forcefully and she kept crying all that while. Later, my husband told me that I behaved very badly with my child, and tried to make understand that if the kid is not having one meal, then it doesn't not mean that the child will faint or all his energy will deplete. He told me, all the energy I thought she got from having food was a waste as during all that while the baby was crying, and it did not make sense. He said a vey logical thing that whenever someone feels hungry, be it, baby or an adult, they ask or fetch food. And the same thing will happen with our daughter also. When she will feel hungry, she will ask for food on her own. So, that day I learnt a lesson that we should not force our children to eat. Sometimes, it may be that they really do not feel like, or their system demands a little more time, and we should give that once in a while.

Read more