Can u hear / see heartbeat at this stage? What if I don’t?

Went for a scan dates 6w1d but sac measurement states 5w3d. Can see sac, can see yolk, cannot see baby and can’t heart hb. No other symptoms other than sore boobs, mild nausea. Worried :/

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thank u everyone for the advice and comforting words! Now I am thinking if there was anything I ate wrongly or drank wrongly that may lead to this. And if I should eat better and what to eat... accident so I don’t think my body is in the best state of health looking at my crappy lifestyle... still thanks for the reassurance!

Read more
4y trước

👍🏼thanks!

I hv appt w gynae at Wk 7, also hesitating if too early for scan. But its end of year n gynae schedule very full, thus might need wait till Jan to reschedule. However, so far no symptoms for me too, not even sore boobs, thus worried sick and will prob go ahead with Wk 7 scan. Hopefully heartbeat can be seen. Fingers crossed!

Read more
3y trước

I also hope that everything will be fine with you and the little one. 🙏

Thành viên VIP

The first time I went to the gynae was at 6w. The scan able to “show” baby’s heartbeat. That time, gynae inserted an electronic device down there to detect the sac. No cause of worry as it’s still early.

3y trước

Thank you mummy d 🙏

Thanks guys! I researched online and noted some people 5 weeks alr can see / hear heartbeat. And I noted also my yolk sac v small, but doc also no say anything...

Super Mom

Hugs. It’s worrying but nothing much you can do but wait till 7 to 8 weeks to scan again. Sometimes growth is slower in the beginning. Sometimes, it is not good news.

4y trước

Thanks!!

Thành viên VIP

5 weeks foetus is still very small. U will need to wait at least 8 weeks old before u can detect heartbeat through ultrasound scan

4y trước

Thanks!!!

Super Mom

Don’t worry ! I saw heartbeat only at week 6++. Yours too early. If you see yolk, it’s a good sign!

4y trước

Thanks!

Still early. Look forward for the next appointment to see the heartbeat💓

Mine also see the heartbeat around 7 weeks plus

Week 8 onwards then will see heartbeat. Don’t worry

4y trước

Appreciate the assurance!!! Thanks u!