Ranting about hubby

Just want to rant, I gave birth 7 mths ago n I feel that hubby is not helping me much on taking of LO. His daily tasks are - feed baby (only when I asked him to) - wash n sterilise btls (he can leave the btls out for hrs n wash them 1 shot) - take out trash but nv put a new trash bag (he will give me attitude if I asked him to throw) - diaper change (only when I’m not ard) There are days when I told him to feed our lo while I pump, what I get from him are sh*t attitude. Why do I feel like having a baby makes me hate him so much? It shows his true colour of how selfish he is. Everyday I get less than 5 hrs of undisturb slp and he can complaint to me he hv not enough rest. Both of us working, so what makes him feel I am free to look aft lo.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ohhhh I feel you. My husband helped only during the first few months even so he had to be told and will drag his feet to do something. Eventually I got fed up and did everything myself cause whatever he does is not up to my expectations or he will give me s*** attitude as well. Now I don’t even bother asking him, I’ll do it myself. I’m tired too, but to keep my sanity, I don’t bother getting frustrated by asking him to do something he doesn’t have the initiative to do. Although sometimes I just give the used bottle to him and tell him to wash while I go do something else. I also tell my LO to tell him that she’s pooped or want to shower. After a while he does it on the spot. Lol. It gets better when LO is bigger. Hang in there, you can talk it out with him but in general, men are not wired to do household chores or look after baby without guidance from a queen. Treat him like a roommate if he gives you attitude.

Read more
2y trước

Why do men have that kind of mentality that their role is just to play with lo? 😑

Hi, it’s okay to rant here however do discuss your feelings with your husband. I am a full time working mum as well. My husband prefer to help bathing and entertaining/playing our 4mo baby whenever he’d returned home from work rather than helping on the rest of tasks. I am okay with this as my baby direct latch from me after I picked her from infant care. While my husband is playing with her, I’ll proceed to clean and sterilized the bottles and my pump parts. The rest of housework can really wait because spending time with my baby is the most precious after all.

Read more
2y trước

I have told him how I feel a lot of time, but it’s like talking to a pc of wooden block. I do my laundry when lo go ifc or at night when she slp.

I feel you. Even though my hb will help to tc of baby but i also need to rant! He feeds and slp wif my lo, the washing n sterilizing happens last time but now is like 5%. Every time also ask me throw the trash zzz. Guys r liddat, how much slp also complain not enuf. When i ask him wash the bottles he tell me to wait. But never happens anymore coz he is slping. Anyway i dun get 5h of slp. My lo is also 7 m

Read more
2y trước

It’s damn irritating and annoying right? Every other days I have to do laundry while he sit n chill at sofa! Asked him to keep clothes, show attitude again.