After giving birth. Should or should not?

Hi all supermums! I am keen to know do you take any traditional medicine after giving birth? Do you went for a massage after giving birth? Like do you feel better doing it or it feels the same? Do you do it because you want or you do it because your parents ask you to do it? I am curious to listen from you all. Lets share okay? I am a ftm so i want to know more. Thank you! #firstbaby #pregnancy #advicepls

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I ordered confinement food for 28 days but the next 16days my mom will make a tonic soup each day for me, have arranged for postnatal massage for 20days consecutively after confinement cause i had c sec and the wound need to heal before i can do massage. My mother did the confinement for me so, I showered 1st after 12days then the next shower maybe another 2 weeks. Didnt touch any cold water (wash hands only with herb water & the shower with only herb water) brush teeth with boiled warm water, didnt do any housechores. Only drank red date water.. cannot drink normal water (cause will swell) Lie on bed most of the time, carry baby maybe for a short while each day cause my c sec wound and super sore back. No fan. For me, I rather believe and just tahan. cause I dont want to risk any rheumatism or water retention etc in the later part of life. Or at least Idw to feel like if i got those, i will blame and regret that I didn't do my confinement well. Althought i did not follow some rules like, cant on aircon cold cold (was on like 26-28degrees) , wearing short sleeves, sometimes dont wear socks..

Read more
4y trước

You're welcome! If possible, tahan the cant shower for at least the first 12days. then shower 1 time then maybe can help tahan the 2nd half of the confinement. Just try your best to follow if you believe. If you're doing it already and only do half half abit no point. So just try your best! most importantly is you must be happy okay! if not after c sec, the pain and all will contribute to you being unhappy.

Staying on my own. I go with the strict traditional confinement which is 44 days. We are allowed to shower daily with warm water for hygiene purposes, must wear long sleeves and socks. When we shower, we slather some herbs on our body to relieve wind and also on our forehead then wear a body wrap to sleep. I also take the Jamu for 44 days. Massaged to relieve the pain and wind. No aircon. Can use fan but on low speed. No cold water. I go strictly with this as I don't want to suffer from body pain when I grow old which does happen to many. For confinement meals, both my parents and mil, even my husband & my grandmother will cook for me so I save money on that. The massage is rather more important than the confinement meals. We can eat as per normal but must avoid certain things like soy sauce and some fish that can make your V itchy

Read more

My mother cooked confinement meals for my wife throughout the 30 days and my sister brought it over to my wife. My mother and my siblings all living just a stone's throw away. My mother-in-law also cooked some for my wife during weekends. My sister helped out during the day till I back from work. My wife didn't touch cold water but warm water, bathed/washed her hair with hot water with herb, drank red date tea, engaged traditional masseur for 2 weeks, wore sandals if need to walk, used fan only but not blew to her directly. She delivered twice through vaginal delivery without epidural. Hope you take good care during your confinement so that will have lesser problem when age. There must be reasons what our ancestors said and is better be safe than sorry.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

yes I follow the traditional confinement and the food including Chinese herbs for consume to cleanse. the massage did helps me too. why I follow throughout because I saw a few aunt of mine who didn't are now regretting. they have aches here and there at early 40s. my friend who do half half confinement 4 years later having aches here and there late 20s. I don't know if it's confinement or myself, my body actually felt much stronger after confinement not like abit I'll fall sick. my back no longer hurts, it's an old injury since young. it's depending on individual if you can tolerate the process. it's not easy for not bathing only can wipe your body first 2 weeks. like some people will say unhygienic etc.

Read more

I’m staying with my MIL so had to go the traditional route; 44 days confinement although I didn’t really follow strictly as she didn’t really take care of me. I still took cold baths once in a while. Didn’t take any traditional medicine either. I ordered confinement food for 30 days and did postnatal massage for 5 days. I had normal delivery but had episiotomy so it was very uncomfy and painful the first 2 weeks. I felt tired even after confinement due to lack of rest as I was handling baby on my own while husband’s at work.. what more with the night feeding every 2-3hrs, plus cleaning the house & doing laundry. Best to get as much help you can to allow yourself to rest and recover after giving birth.

Read more
4y trước

Hi Adrianna. Thank you for sharing it with me as I really do appreciate it. I am staying on my own so thats why I was curious to know more about this like should I or should not and hiring a confinement lady and postnatal massage is not cheap for me. I hope you be better in coming days ya and do take care. Thank you for your advice :)

Just gave birth 4 weeks ago. For confinement, I took traditional Chinese tcm and was recommended to take it 7 days post partum. Also took 5 days massage to help clear the remaining blood inside the womb. Both did great for me and I strongly feel is important having gone through it. Also took red date longan tea and no water. Only warm baths. All the best

Read more

I was induced and took epidural for my vaginal birth . Had 14 days massage after pp and my mom cook confinement meals for me throughout . She was taking care of me strictly . Did not bathe for the first week , no aircon , must wear thick socks and consume a lot of herbs for that 44 days .

am a 1st time mum too. just popped 8 weeks ago and didnt hire any confinement lady. engaged a malay massage auntie that came by for 10 days - i think it helped a fair bit. she will massage the breasts n my milk came faster. n also relieve my aches n bad water retention.

I had confinement soup

4y trước

Just that? Did you went for a postnatal massage? Did you hire a confinement lady or cooked on your own? Dont mind sharing ya, thank you!