Support to failed IVF

My sister just went though her first cycle of IVF and failed. She had been married way longer than me and I am currently 19 weeks pregnant while she had struggled with miscarriage, IUI and now IVF. As much as it is something I cannot control, I feel kinda bad about it. I’m trying to give her and my brother-in-law as much support as I can but I always feel like it’s not enough. She has been nothing but a wonderful person for me to lean on throughout my pregnancy and she always supports me. Anything else I can do to support her? Or any advice?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just be there if she needs to talk to someone. If not, overly concerned can sometimes create misunderstanding. They are handling the roller coaster of emotions too. Just let them know if they need any help, you are there. I am struggling with infertility too but I don’t like my sister keeps asking me about pregnancy.

Read more

It's great that you appreciate your sister who supports you during your pregnancy! There's nothing to feel guilty about because probably it's not the right time for your sister to get pregnant. Just be positive and everything will be okay.

Thành viên VIP

I think what you are doing is already so great. You’re a kind person and I’m sure just your support and empathy helps them a lot. Just keep doing that.

Just keep supporting your sister. Keep being understanding and sensitive to her

Keep trying until successful don’t give up