regarding financial help in sg single mom

Hi ! As a single mum here still staying with parents , full time care giver of a toddler (currently unemployed ), i have yet to complete booster in the month of May . would like to ask if any com -care would help a single mother out? Haven't tried contacting sso as i for sure know get rejected , little one is already 1yr . Even CDA , i cannot do much .. All these while my dad is the one buying milk n diapers . Baby's dadnot in pic since baby 6month in tummy . But you know I just feel the guilt of my dad having to spend thousands probably more . Especially when the baby dad is fucking around with other woman , and produce another set in the generation lol . Anyway , Is it possible to get a financial short term help in a household of $5k- 6kplus ? just wondering . As I have tried the family centre , won't approve as household earns more than a certain amount (3k) I think , but I was the one asking for help not my family members .. they kept asking if my dad will be able to support .. but i just feel guilty , who doesn't want being helped? at least something is off the shoulder you understand me ? you know in singapore $4k is probably not enough . diapers , wipes , milk , clothes , shoes , bottle , teats ?? 🥲 I like how generous people are by blessing USED items but I'm not risking my baby's health as she has sensitive skin & how about hygiene?? nooo pls .. recently I have posted baby items for sale in carousell just so i could actually get new items for baby diapers . In future , can i get subsidies for toddler when she finally goes to school ? Why do I feel like it's unfair and very unfortunate to not receive baby bonus for unmarried mom/ single parents . Raising a child is already spending over 3k given by gov (CDA) . these questions have been bothering my mind for 2 years at least . I actually need answers .. anyone who have worked in financial? do you really help single moms in need ? please comment.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Actually you can file child maintenance from the biological father, despite your child is born out of wedlock. Hope this helps you.

1y trước

cause after the court send the letter to the address stated, he have to attend no matters what, otherwise Court will summon warrant of arrest towards him. For my case after the first mediate, we did an DNA to prove, and fee was paid by the father, as he requested it, but if the child turned out wasn't his then you'll have to pay for the fee.

meet the MP session every Tuesday evening, maybe the staff can direct you to the correct govt dept to help single moms?

1y trước

hi thanks for suggesting ! appreciate it so much :) it isn't too late to ask for help right ?