co sleeping

Since I got pregnant, I've often been told to set up a separate sleeping space for the baby. At least, if a separate room isn't possible, they should have their own crib in our room. But I just can't do it. I can't sleep without my baby. She always look for my boobies when they sleep, and I always give in... I know there are many risks, but I can't do it. Please help me—where should I start to learn how to sleep separately from my baby?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I also co-sleep with my baby since birth until now and exclusively breastfed her. I feel you. My couldn’t sleep without boobies. I used online cheap baby nest until she was 3months old and kept her on a hand distance. After that i just kept her on the bed beside me still at a hand distance. Make sure your mattress isn’t fluffy btw. I woke up every time when my baby needed to breastfed, holding her in my arms, put her back to sleep and onto her nest, until she was 2.5 months old and afterwards just breastfed her laying on sides. If we think about risks, there are risks in everthing we do 😂. Happy co-sleeping. Don’t feel stressed mama. You will do great.

Read more

I’ve been cosleeping with my LO since birth (currently 2.5yo) and so far no issues. During newborn days, I’ll put her on the baby nest so that she’s slightly elevated and we won’t squish her. When she starts flipping then I remove the baby nest and let her roll around everywhere. I tried putting baby in her cot but she doesn’t like it and can’t sleep long (mine is those bedside cot which can put one side down but also rejected), also since I bf it’s more convenient for me.

Read more

For my newborn, i've prepared a bed extension to my exisiting queen size bed. During my sleep, my hands may "fly" and hit my hubby's face sometimes when i'm too tired 😂To prevent accidents like this, baby will be sleeping at his own bed extension which we have customised the size of it to make it smaller than our adult's bed so we wont invade his corner. We also have the barrier set up option ready in case baby starts invading our adult's bed when he gets older.

Read more

with my firstborn, she sleep with us until she's 4-5.now shes older and been looking at her cousins and friends with proper beds and bunk beds even, shes more interested to sleep by herself. for me, newborn, babies, i just let her sleep with me cause i cant wake up alot of times to attend to baby's needs unless if she pooped or so.

Read more

Look into Safe Sleep 7. For me personally I know I sleep really rough so I have no choice but to put my baby in the bassinet. If you are the type that sleep in one position (e.g. no kicking of your partner or steal his space during sleep LOL), I think should be okay to follow the guidelines of Safe Sleep 7.

Read more

Honestly, co sleeping is fine. Just take extra precautions and best to wake up every now and then to check on baby, make sure nothing’s blocking thier breathing etc. i always co sleep when my baby’s sick and alot of mummies cosleep too. Do what works for you and your sanity! Esp when youre breastfeeding

Read more

I sleep with my baby's cot right beside my bed, with no gaps so I literally have to climb into bed from the bottom haha. It works for me because I can check on her without moving, hold her hand while we sleep, easily pick her up to feed, etc. Maybe you can try that ☺️

Actually you can get those crib that can be aligned just beside your bed. In this way you are still co-sleeping with your baby but much safer

We co sleep when baby is about 4mo. Now she’s 16mo and I love very second of it.

just practice put baby cot beside ur bed