why co sleeping needs to be avoided

I've always cherished the time I spent co-sleeping with my baby. It felt natural and comforting to have my little one close to me throughout the night. We had established a routine, and it seemed to be working well for us. However, I now realize the potential dangers involved. One night, after a particularly exhausting day, I fell into a deep sleep with my baby beside me as usual. At some point during the night, I unknowingly rolled over and ended up partially covering my baby. I woke up to find my baby struggling to breathe and in distress. It was the most terrifying moment of my life. I quickly moved and thankfully, my baby was okay after a few minutes, but those moments of fear and guilt will stay with me forever. I was devastated by the realization of what could have happened. I’ve always thought I was being careful, but this incident showed me how unpredictable and dangerous co-sleeping can be. I regret not understanding the full extent of the risks sooner. Since that night, I’ve made the decision to stop co-sleeping. My baby's safety is my top priority, and I couldn’t bear the thought of something like this happening again. I’ve set up a safe sleep environment for my baby in their own crib, ensuring they are close enough for me to check on but with a clear boundary for safety.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Co-sleeping, or sharing a bed with your baby, is a practice that many parents find comforting and natural. However, it is crucial to be aware of the potential dangers involved in co-sleeping to ensure the safety of your baby. The incident you experienced, where you unintentionally rolled over and partially covered your baby, highlights one of the significant risks of co-sleeping. This can lead to accidental suffocation or strangulation, especially if the adult is in a deep sleep or under the influence of medications, alcohol, or drugs. It is commendable that you have recognized the dangers of co-sleeping and have made the decision to stop this practice to prioritize your baby's safety. Setting up a safe sleep environment for your baby in their own crib is a wise choice. This way, you can still be close enough to check on your baby while maintaining a clear boundary that ensures their safety. By transitioning your baby to their own crib, you are reducing the risk of accidental harm that can occur during co-sleeping. It's important to follow safe sleep guidelines provided by organizations like the American Academy of Pediatrics to create a secure sleeping environment for your baby. Remember, the safety and well-being of your baby should always come first, and making informed decisions like discontinuing co-sleeping is a critical step towards ensuring a safe sleep environment for your little one. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
Influencer của TAP

🙏💕