Is it safe to use Candid-B cream during pregnancy. I am 28 weeks pregnant. this cream contains a steroid named beclomethasone dipropionate. I am worried now. Could you tell me whether this will have any adverse effect on my baby. My doctor had advised me dermadew caloe lotion... but its of no use... itching is very rigorous, feel like scratching off the skin around waist and groin area and around private area.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, sometimes the fungal infection thrush can also cause itchiness. I think it's safe to use Candid-B cream but its better to confirm with your gynaecologist. Here are few tips to soothe your itchy skin: 1. Try to cut back on warm baths or showers, and cleansing products that contain strong detergents or perfumes. These can make your skin dry or irritated, and therefore more prone to itchiness. Use mild, moisturising soaps or pH-balanced body washes to clean your skin. 2. Moisturise your skin well, preferably with unperfumed products. For eczema, apply whichever creams or ointments your doctor says you can use. 3. You could try smoothing calamine lotion on to your itchy patches, or adding some oatmeal to your bath. These are traditional remedies, and there isn't a lot of evidence that they work. However, they are safe to use while you're pregnant and you may find them comforting. 4. Try not to get too hot. Heat rash can make itching worse, so wear loose, cotton clothing and stay indoors or in the shade if it's really hot. Hope it helps.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-10558)

Candid B if you use it superficially, it does not harm at all. The steroids present are only used superficially causing no harm to the pregnancy or bub.