My pregnancy is running on 28 weeks. Few days back I m having cramps on my both legs. Is it normal ? Any solutions

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes it's common! I started wearing compression socks from 27 weeks and I didn't really have bad leg cramps for the rest of the pregnancy. I bought scholl compression socks, available at Watsons / guardian and unity. I only wear them to sleep cause it's just too warm in the day and my cramps are usually during sleep anyway. A bit pricey but it really helped with my leg cramps and I had no water retention all the way till I delivered one day before edd Additionally, you can try hydrating well and exercising regularly. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!

Read more
Post reply image
3y trước

where did u buy that?

Hey, These cramps are very common and it especially happens at night. These cramps generally start during the second trimester and last till the third. There is no specific reason to blame as why they happen but you can do stretching exercises before the cramp and it can prevent it to happen. Make sure you are drinking enough fluids. Eat good diet that have enough calcium. Eat yogurt everyday. http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/leg-cramps.aspx

Read more

My gynae linked leg cramps to calcium levels and asked me to take my calcium pills at night for greater absorption. Apparently, all pregnant women should get 1,000 milligrams of calcium a day. So eat a well-balanced diet that includes lots of calcium. Apart from that, stay well-hydrated and drink 12 glasses of fluids every day. Also, try to do some calf stretching exercises every night before going to bed.

Read more

Yes normal. Get the husband to help massage ur legs at night if u can't really reach it urself. Do some stretching. Drink more water - it can reduce water retention( ironic but it is true). U can also go for those supportive leggings for preggers that have a little compression effect. It's not cheap but it will be worth ur investment and it usually carters well for the growing bump too. Don't walk too long at a stretch

Read more

Yes! It is quite common to get leg cramps due to the additional weight gain and changes in our blood circulation. What you will need to do is stretch your leg whenever you get a cramp. If I get it at night, I will usually get my husband to help me stretch it (because it's so pain right?). Meanwhile as daily "maintanence", you may want to continue doing stretches and elevate your legs when you're resting.

Read more

Same case. Mine started around my 20th week. Usually occurs whenever I stand up for a long time. My OB said it's in connection with the weight gain. Lay down, bring your leg higher than your body for few minutes to relieve the cramps.

I had cramps and this thing called restless leg syndrome too. Turns out I was anaemic and just needed to ask my doctor to prescribe iron pills for me and pretty much solved the problem. Try to ask your doctors to check on your blood count.

I'm at pregnant with twins and at last day of 28 week... yesterday i had fetal development ultrasound in which radiologist told me that i have mild high resistance in umbilical artery... is it dangerous for my babies?

Yes, very normal and very painful too! They usually strike at nighttime...when you get them try stretching your calf muscles. To do that, straighten your leg and gently flex your ankle and toes back toward your shins several times.

You may wanna try compression socks. I wore it for a few hours in a day as it's not advisable to wear it to sleep. For night time, I wore socks to bed. And if possible, do avoid sleeping with the fan or aircon facing your feet :)