As parents of newborn babies, what gifts would u like to receive when frens visit you at the hospital or during baby full month event? Need some ideas, thanks in advance ya...

53 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I'd say the most practical gifts are either baby wipes or diapers because they'll need it. Try to buy one size up (eg. size S diapers) so that baby doesn't outgrow that quickly, it's also best if you can get the preferred brand from the parents :) If not, then go with the usual vouchers or just red packet - it's the most practical thing you can do, and it helps the parents to get what they need to! If you're going for vouchers, choose mall vouchers like CapitaMall so they're not restricted to only spending on certain stores :) Things like tonics, clothes, customized baby items are pretty much redundant because they are either outgrown quickly, parents already prepared or they don't use them. Some parents may have a baby registry set up so you could also check if there's anything they want, while others have a registry that goes towards funding a savings plan :)

Read more
Thành viên VIP

For me, cash/vouchers are always appreciated, you can decide what you need to buy. Other practical gifts like daily necessities is always good to have too, such as diapers, wet wipes, things that runs out fast. I received a diaper cake when my girl turned 100days old and that was pretty cute. I believe you would probably have gotten most of the things baby needs. It would be good to list out the items that you don’t have and let friends/family know what to get for you. I think gifts for future usage is also nice to have, like baby books/toys, teethers, even personalized items are quite thoughtful.

Read more

Money is always good. If not, I may be wishful, but those big-ticket items are always appreciated. I know you probably have already got the items you need immediately. However, your baby will need a stroller, a food warmer, steamer, clothes for when they are slightly bigger and also shoes for when they are slightly bigger also help.

Read more

Red packet with cash inside . More practical . So if I need diaper I can go and buy . If I need milk powder I can go buy . If ppl dunno what I want than buy wrong milk brand or wrong diaper size and brand than abit wasted and there will be alot of ppl giving u same things so yea . Worst is clothes .

Super Mom

Personally I love receiving practical stuff like wet wipes, diaper, baby soap, shampoo. Can't go wrong with those. Toys are not so useful for newborn babies but I wouldn't mind books to read to them. Clothes are quite meh since people usually have plenty of clothes already and they don't last long

Totally agree. Before having a child, I used to buy present for baby shower. After celebrating my own child baby shower and receiving presents, I don't know what to do with those presents and receiving angbaos is the best choice as I bank into my child account.

Depends on how close you are to them, can drop hints to receive things like red packets, diapers, milk bottles, baby clothes etc Closer relatives may bless you with chicken essence or tonic wine to boost mother's health and some jewellery for the baby :)

Usually receive money as gift as some don't really know what to buy. Some will give vouchers too to buy baby stuff, i received gifts like diapers, shirts, sample lotion/wet wipes, bouncer etc.

Cash is generally the easiest and also most useful bcos could be used for any purpose required. In the past I gifted baby feeding bag kit and a toy for the baby and it was also well received.

Normal daily things as life is moving in a confused way for some time.........baby clothes, blankets, bottles, bottle steamer, baby hankies, wipes, diapers, etc etc.....