Struggling with ideas for a baby shower. What would like to/would have liked to receive for your baby shower if you didn't know the gender of your baby.

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The practical side in me would say gift vouchers or cash. But that would be a tad impersonal and I suppose a last resort when you really can't think of anything. This article from Buzzfeed lists down 30 Unexpected Baby Shower Gifts, which I found really interesting. http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/unexpected-baby-shower-gifts-that-are-sheer-genius#.tj98mYo49 My favourite choice from the list is The Travelling Crib, which is pretty much a baby bag that opens up into a crib. Perfect for travelling :)

Read more
Post reply image

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-3217)

I almost always give a CD for babies as a gift to jumpstart their financial habits. This way, the parents can decide to use it towards an educational plan or a forced savings plan. It's a gift that keeps on giving.

Money or gift cards would be great. Maybe a nice diaper bag from a fancy brand -- something pricey that i wouldn't necessarily buy myself but it would be nice to receive it as a gift :)

I love this idea! Everyone that attends the baby shower does a thumb print, which become the elephant's balloons. You can then frame the picture and give it to the mum-to-be!

Post reply image

Hamper with useful baby stuff such as breast bump, baby toiletries, diapers, books... It would be even more meaningful if you handpick each item for the hamper.

Tummy time mat, swaddles, baby carrier/sling, food for mums to increase breast milk supply (fenugreek tea, birds nest, packet of oats, etc).

Cash is king so money gifts will be fine for me. if not shopping vouchers like NTUC, Cold Storage or Isetan is fine for me too

Vouchers would be much easier and preferred, as some items may have already been purchased by your friend.

I'd like to have the opportunity to buy the things myself, so gift cheques and vouchers are definitely welcome!