Now that we have a baby, it seems it's the only thing my husband wants to talk to me about. We seem to have lost our previous spark. How do you reignite your previous relationship with a baby in the middle?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You know there are men who take as long as 3, 4 years after the birth of the baby to actually bond with them, and do most of the talking about the baby. My husband though loved and cuddled the baby but for a few nano seconds and would be back to his own world. Only now, when my kid is 6, he has started bonding with him. But, I understand what you are trying to say. And I guess, you can get the spark back by dressing up for him. Doing something special for him so that he acknowledges that you are taking efforts to gain his attention. And when he knows that he would follow you to whatever you do.

Read more

My husband and I facing the same situation, where our topics are revolving around the children. However, so far we find this is okay as both of us like the topics regarding kids. We have weekly night dating without kids on Friday night and during the date we try to talk more about our past, his work and future dreams (e.g. career, new house) instead of only about kids' stuff. I have friends who have short couple trip every month to spark the relationship. Perhaps you can try this too, just both of you and your husband to spend quality time together.

Read more

Is your husband stressed out or fatigued? Fathers tend to get stressed a lot after having a baby. They feel they need to be primary care taker of the family. This is where you can step in. Tell him that all will be fine and that you trust him to be a really good father. Also, give him some time to digest the fact that he is a father now. It's a life changing experience. I am sure he will come around and things will get better. Please DO NOT resolve this by fighting or taunting..it almost never works. Would love to see what others think...

Read more

Honestly, I think it's amazing that he shows that he truly care about the baby, his family. It is expected that his attention will be divided, but eventually you can bring it up to him and talk about the connection between you two. I don't see it as a big issue, as he sounds he genuinely care about the person he loves and maybe he just didn't notice that you are feeling abandoned at this point of time.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

a man willing to constantly talk about kid? Wow girl, you are the lucky one! But, if you think that's is the reason your spark is fading i think you guys need some quality time. Bring back the spark and don't shy to initiate. Send him a naughty pic when he is at work, or when you were in the middle of baby talk, switch immediately with 'pillow talk'. Man loves when woman make a move.

Read more

Give him some time to readjust. Having a baby is quite overwhelming and parents need time to adapt to this new life. Reassure him that their baby is going to be perfectly fine and he is doing a superb job. Once he gets comfortable with everything, you can slowly start discussing about other things with him. Take it slow.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I personally admire how your husband shows much interest and care for your little one. So no need to worry about losing the spark. Instead, look into another spark that your husband creates through caring for your child.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2937)

It can be an issue specially when your baby is too small. I believe you shall not be disheartened by it. try to talk to him about this. Take advantage of the time when your baby is asleep.

thanks