When do you start to prepare for baby’s arrival?

Hi Mummies, I’m a FTM currently at 27 weeks + and looking for suggestions on when do you start to prepare for baby’s arrival? Such as washing of baby’s clothes, prepping baby cot, sorting out clothes (e.g 3-6, 6-9, 9-12 months etc) so that it is easier to take out when baby outgrow the clothes and move on to the next size. Other than that, when is it an ideal time to buy and standby a pack of NB diapers coz i read that baby may outgrew the NB size in no time depending on baby’s weight. At which week do you start to pack your hospital bag? & what do you pack for yourself and baby? Do i need to bring my breast pump during delivery? Will the nurse/LC able to guide me on the usage of breast pump at the ward? If it may help, I’ll be delivering at KKH.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As for me, I prepared slowly beginning week 26 to wk 30, NB clothes just a few and the rest mixture of 3mths to 9mths, cos from experience of my first baby, they really grow in fats quite fast and damn cute when the clothes gets tight at their tummy. 😅and I had nesting instincts at wk 32, prepared a cute basket for baby diapers, rash cream, lotion, baby soap, didn't use baby cot as I prefer cosleep for easier breastfeeding, nursing pads, and my baby came at wk35. To the hospital, bring along a set of clothes for discharge, keep jewelry at home, small towel, undies, one set NB clothes incl mittens and headcap and bby swaddle, socks for yourself, phone charger, or powerbank in case, own breastpump set I guess now covid no hosp borrowing. I might have missed something, but u can get some more guide on baby needs soon!

Read more
2y trước

Thank you, mummy! All the best to you! 😍

Super Mom

Preparation can do towards the end of 2nd trimester before 3rd cause will be more tired in 3rd trimester. NB diapers - estimated they use about 10 daily. I looked up online to get free samples for all sorts of brands and bought some S size just in case. I packed my hospital bag at 35weeks but realised that I don’t need a lot. Didn’t bring breast pump as in the beginning bb drank very little anyway.

Read more