When to wash baby clothes & start nesting

Hi moms, specifically at which week did you start washing baby clothes and start nesting? For baby towels do we need to wash beforehand ? Or can use straight away on babies? #FTM

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I originally intended to do at 38 weeks since 40 weeks is term, but my baby was big so we needed to have her early on the 38 week itself rather than 40th week, resulting in me panicking and washing and packing everything only 2-3 days before my delivery. Was I able to do it in time? Yeap. Would I do it earlier next time? Definitely yes. Do it once you hit 32 weeks and start packing your hospital bag. Don't wait and procrastinate like me. Lol! Also, I washed everything that will come into contact with my baby with baby detergent and softener because babies are very sensitive, especially when newborn.

Read more

I wash 2-3 weeks before EDD. I would advise to wash beforehand as you never know what or where the towel has touched or been thru before packaged. 😊

i washed everything at 30 weeks just to be extra prepared incase if i go into labour early. its better to wash everything and get it ready early!

11mo trước

totally agree! i washed every soft toy, pillow, towel, clothes, hanky etc. only noticed nesting around the 30weeks also so might as well

I washed all baby clothes, wash clothes and towels 3 weeks before my due date