Need some heads up

Hi Mummies, I just went for my first checkup at kkh today. According to the scan, i am at 7 weeks but according to the Dr my first day of last period was about 8 weeks ago so it’s not that accurate. Hence she is asking me to come back in about 3 more weeks to do another scan. I just want to know if this is normal? Is there anything that i need to take note of? I’m a first time mum and quite worried. Another thing is, is there a way that i could claim my chekcup bills etc via Medisave? When i’m at the hospital earlier on, nobody went through the payment options with me. But i have seen people were being attended at the “Payment Via Medisave” counter. And i ended up paying cash just now.. Anyone can advice any further?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal as long as you’ve heard the baby heartbeat and gynae says all is healthy. Sometimes the embryo are still too small to detect during the first dating scan hence its not accurate. During my first appointment, it was also measured to be 7 weeks but the next appointment when the embryo has grown bigger into a baby at 10 weeks, the EDD got pushed forward as the measurement becomes more accurate.

Read more
3y trước

Thanks Mummy for the heads up.. I’m feeling better now to know that