NUH Bills and Payment

Hi mummies! I would like to share my experience at NUH FCC recently and was wondering whether anyone had ever encountered the same. As usual, dropped my appt card and the lady called me to hand me my queue number. She mentioned that she is unable to register me until I paid my bill which was issued 2 days ago. I was quite taken aback as NUH financial hotline said I can make the payment within 3 weeks. I told her I will make the payment just that I need time to do so. As my appts are almost every week now, I am paying quite a substantial amount and I do have to factor in other stuff to pay for as well. I have never encountered this as a KKH patient previously, is this normal at NUH?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

So far I had no issue at NUH with first pregnancy neither KKH for second pregnancy. However, if you are facing difficulties to pay, you may request to meet with Medical Social Worker and they will be able to assist you. For me during this period at KKH I did request partial payment and settling the bill before next appt. Subsequently, as soon as my MSW informed assistance is approved then no payment required for all my appt till for a period of time during this assistance. In NUH, I do not face any financial issue, however, if there's delay, there's student doctor with the senior, they seek permission from patient to be with them for understudy. To which bill payment will be waived. Perhaps maybe you can tell the counter pertaining yout conversation with the staff you spoke with and then you can proceed with appt.

Read more
1y trước

Actually most hospital/poly will have MSW. You can just ask the counter or doctor and they will be assisting you. Usually it will be under the financial counselling room. It will be run under like hospital under Singhealth, etc. To which you can definitely apply but of course subject to approval during interview. It will the least reduce slight load off your shoulder. Hope this helps.