Festive house visiting vs baby’s bedtime

Hi mummies, when theres festive season like cny or hari raya, theres definitely house visitings until night. However when you have a baby, that has a routine especially bedtime or night routine, how do you manage it. Hari raya is coming in few months time and I am anxious. by then my baby would be 6months++. For now his bedtime would usually be 7/8+pm and sleep till next morning if no disruption. Would you try to go back by baby’s bedtime or just let baby sleep in your arms/carrier and continue visiting ? My baby sometimes when his sleep gets disrupted or he gets overtired (eg he cant sleep cause very noisy) he’ll cry murder. #FTM

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My husband and I talked about this and made a parenting decision that we don’t want to be too strict about routines as we still want to spend time with our families and friends, and not have to rush home by a certain timing. We will put baby in carrier when it’s her bedtime and she will sleep through until we are home :) and yes, sometimes we have to bear with the crying if we wake her up to wipe down when we are home. If the gathering is at our house, I will excuse myself to the room to wipe her down and put her to bed, and join the gathering again when she settles. I believe it’s a decision you and your husband has to decide, no right or wrong, whatever fits your lifestyle.

Read more

For us, we'll play by ear. We go visiting on our own so it's easier for us to change our schedule. I know some families would all go visiting tgt for Hari Raya and tt might make it difficult for u to back out. But as parent, we know our kids best. I would say follow baby's routine. For me, I wld try to be back home before 6pm.

Read more

I’ll try to honour baby’s routine and sleep time rather than stay out late 😅 like you mentioned, my baby also tends to get overtired if he is not home and will cry murder

For me, my baby comes first. Whatever visiting can be done next year or had already been done multiple times before this.

Influencer của TAP

my kidz r ok with flexible sleep timings but as ur bb can get cranky, prob best to adhere fixed routine 💕