Mc or time off for medical check up?

Hi mummies, do you take mc or time off from work for test, checkups? I went kkh for blood test and scans for baby down syndrome so i told my boss im gg for medical appointment in the morning. Cause i wasn't sure if mc will be given. Then doc gave me mc so I texted boss I'm on MC 1 day. He replied to ask if i went medical appointment then not feeling well? Initially, thought maybe he is asking out of concern but he didnt reply me (no take care or noted) after I told him im not feeling well too. So am wondering issit i shouldnt have take mc and should go back to work after appts and checks? My next appoint is in dec, dont know what to take. 😔 Abit bothered by his question.. I dont take mc before preg unless really sick and not well. As of today Still have 7 days mc left and 4 was taken during preg cause unwell/checks. #1stimemom #firstbaby #pregnancy Sorry abit long. Maybe the hormones or just ranting cause feel abit unhappy boss not as understanding as others Edited : Boss knows I'm pregnant and not wfh.

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My supervisor asked me to take MC for any of our appointments so we can keep our annual leave and time off for something else more important. I will usually tell her that I have medical appointment that day and she knows I’ll be on MC. If no MC given after the appointment that day, then I will apply for AL.

Read more

Depends on your company. For me I’m allowed to take time off. But if morning appt I will take MC because I don’t wanna go back work half way. If afternoon appt I’ll go work and leave 1.5hr before appt time. All depends on your employer.

mc as my gynae will give.. normally I tried to sleep in then go appt around 10 plus then aft that lunch n run some errands then go home nap...anyway its once a mth only. or u can arrange your appt on sat morning

My Gynae will give mc so I don’t work for the day. My boss asked me before if my gynae visit is in the AM why I can’t work after that. I just replied that I want to rest since Gynae give me mc. ☺️

My boss was quite understanding after knowing that I'm pregnant. My plan is to take time off but still get the MC from the gynae. Will take MC if I'm not feeling well after the check up.

Take MC. don't waste your AL and time off. if u need more rest, always try asking kk doctor, they know us best. don't go back to work after appts. U need the rest for BB to grow

Even if my appointments are morn/noon, I will have full day mc. Once a month I think it’s fine? Else maybe u could tell him confidentially you’re expecting?

12mo trước

and not allowed to wfh

I also dont really take mc before pregnancy. but no worries you should just take mc during pregnancy. they have no right to stop you (:

For this usually I take mc if given. But sometimes when I go down for scanning, then there isn’t mc, so I took leave.

Usually all appointments will have mc. Best to just take mc. It’s tiring to go through appointment and back to work.