Hospital Bag

Hi Mummies! Can you share what’s inside your hospital bag with me? EDD in January (If I do naturally) in December (If I do C-section). This is my first pregnancy. So I need to understand what I should bring or not. My plan is to give birth in TMC. Anyway, you can share your experience too. Thank you so much!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello. I delivered in TMC 2 months ago. You can refer to this checklist >> https://www.thomsonmedical.com/delivering-at-thomson/hospital-bag-checklist Overall I had a pleasant stay and labour experience in TMC. The nurses are very patient, nice and helpful. I told them I do not wish to try to breast feed yet as I would like to get some rest for a day and they are not pushy. Just remember to have some rest first after delivery. Your mental and physical health are the priority. Don’t worry about your baby and breast milk. The PD and nurses take care of my baby very well. Breast milk is definitely not a lot at the start. Just don’t give up and continue to latch and/or pump. The flow will naturally come after a few weeks. The more stressful you are, the less flow. Even if you don’t want to breast feed, it’s fine too. It’s all up to your own personal preference. Don’t force yourself. All the best! 🍀

Read more
1mo trước

You’re welcome! 😁 I’m currently using spectra S1!

Hi, I just had my C-sec in June. The list that someone posted in her reply to your post was what I had referred to as well and was very useful! Good to have your own binder if you have it. Otherwise, the hospital will provide you with one after your C-sec. It's super useful in reducing the pain as it holds the area in place. I bought mine (P'Feather brand) from the hospital shop. I heard from someone who also delivered at TMC tht's the brand the hospital provided her too but she was charged more for it. Not sure how true that is though.

Read more
1mo trước

Yes, it is sold at the shop at TMC. You probably can try getting online too. A binder definitely helps to make the wound less painful.

TMC bed can be adjusted accordingly to your comfort and provides straw for every drinks they served to you. You can request for longan red date from the nurse as well. If you are going for natural delivery, remember to get perineal bottle to wash your wound after going to the toilet. It’s a life saviour. TMC provides perineal spray but best if you can double check with them again.

Read more
1mo trước

It’s better if you check with their customer service staffs! They’re very helpful. You can ask them during the hospital tour or anytime actually. They response quite fast in email as well.

I have csect done in April at Mt A. The only thing I used was bringing own maternity pad. Bring more because likely there will be heavy bleeding. Nth much was used from the mummies bag. All were given/prescribed by the hosp. They probably charge more (eg: binder) but at least I don't have to source n buy my own during pregnancy. my pregnancy was a tiring one. Hahaha.

Read more

Actually, nothing much different from traveling 🤣 My gynae gave me a guide for what to pack and I did accordingly. We used a cabin size luggage. I’m a c sect mom, I suggest you bring a bottle with straw for easy drinking without sitting up right.

1mo trước

I dun think so. I was only given a tube of scar gel. My scar healed well, no complications and it’s not very visible too. I’m near to 40 and I didn’t do/eat any special treatment for my csect wound. Just the belly binder, painkillers and scar gel. But I didn’t shower during the whole confinement. Just giving you a rough picture. All the best to you!

If I need to be very honest, I almost did not use anything at all that I’ve packed in my hospital bag except that one piece of clothing for when the baby is going back home. I delivered at KKH Hospital provided everything

Influencer của TAP
1mo trước

Thank you so much! :)