feeling so lost

Hello Mummies, recently i just out of job. My company boss feels that i took too many days of urgent leave to take care of my son and ask me to leave. I am just wondering, are all employers so mean to working mum? Feeling so low in confident to look for a job again and managing myself as a working. Will anyone at the same situation share with me how to overcome this?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

How many days of urgent leave did you take? I can understand the employer's pov too.. Because he need to find other people to cover up your work within such a short time. Especially if the company is small, not easy for the boss too. Last time my colleague kept taking urgent leave but my boss is very nice to her. In the end I am the one who suffer because I need to do her work for her. Try to look for another job that is more flexible since there is no one else to look after your son for you.

Read more
5y trước

But that also means that there is no welfare in the company. What if the child is hospitalise that need to take for a week. Means that working mum is always in the lost end. Somehow i think the society is not positive towards accepting mum in workforce

Ya.. My previous company also same... Said I took to many leaves tk care of my son... But I dun understand that's my entitlement why I can't take... Yes during my interview I did said I got my mom look after but this does not means I can totally dun care abt my son.. Serious sickness like Hfmd mommy have to tk care, grandma will not be able to handle it.

Read more

Take care and be strong When searching for new jobs, ask the interviewer if you can work from home when your child needs you, and whether you can take urgent leave when something happens to your child

Influencer của TAP

Hugs to you. You can approach MOM for help. At the mean time, you can find jobs from Mums@work. The jobs posting there are supposed to be flexible and mummy's friendly environment. All the best to u

Super Mom

If you are still within your company leave entitlement, you should try to bring this up with MOM. At least get some compensation or let him know that it’s unacceptable behavior.

Hi, Big hugs and lot of support to you. Don't lose heart and be confident which is the key. Also, please explore mums@work and Linked In network for job opportunities

Take this time to rest, work on yourself. Cheer up. If u still want to work, or hve finance issue… look for job as soon as u r ready. Not all company are like that.

Super Mom

It's not your fault but theirs. You should actually let MOM know about such employer. Take a break now, get yourself together and start again

Cheering for you, seek help with organizations but never lose confidence! You can do it!

Super Mom

It this a small company? Usually small companies are like that