Nanny

Hello mummies! My nb 17 days old has grown attached to nanny as she has been taking care of him since birth..whenever he cries only nanny carry can soothe him..nanny is left with only 2 weeks more..I am worried when nanny leaves whenever he cries noone can soothe him..what should I do now? TIA

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

My husband told me to leave it to nanny for the confinement period as that’s the time you need to rest and recover! The first night that nanny left, I still able to cope up with her cries and night feeds. So I would suggest you to spend more time with baby during the day so it’s easier for you to deal with baby at night. Somehow I feel baby will just know. Plus you’re the mummy. Baby is in 4th trimester now until 3 months old, you still have lots of time to let her adapt. So don’t worry 😊.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

TBH, let nanny take care of baby. It is what you hired her for after all. You need the time to recover and rest too. Postnatal depression is very real. Need to mentally "let go" and reduce the mental load you are carrying. Baby will eventually get used to you/husband carrying.

4y trước

Thanks!

Thành viên VIP

Same situation as you. Everyone in family carried her, she still cried until nanny carried her. But when nanny leaves, somehow we all can manage to calm her down. You are the mummy, got the mummy's smell that she recognises. So don't worry too much.

4y trước

Thanks mummy!

Super Mom

Before 1 month old babies can't really recognise faces and be attached to people yet, but they can recognise who's their mother. So don't worry about your baby being attached to nanny :) just show him as much love and care whenever you can.

Thành viên VIP

Maybe you can ask the nanny to let baby sleep with you during the last three days of confinement (with her help and guide). Make sure you get enough rest in the day time.

i had the same thoughts and concern as you. now baby is attached to me :) for now, just let nanny handle and u rest as much as u can! don’t worry -

4y trước

Thanks!

Went thru exact same mental process. End up, just deal w it when CL leaves. Baby will adjust and adapt. Just a matter of time.

Thành viên VIP

Yes, baby will adapt. This is an impt time for you to rest more since nanny is around.

Super Mom

Yes now its good to rest. You have alot of bonding time after nanny left

Thành viên VIP

Don't worry, baby will naturally get closer to parents eventually(: