Second hand vape - worried

Hi mummies! I was exposed to 2nd hand vape for an hour or so as my friend’s boyfriend was doing it at dinner. Worried about the effects as I am pregnant in my 3rd trimester. #advicepls #1stimemom #pregnancy

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I am curious why you didn’t ask him to stop? Vaping directly or indirectly should be avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The research around vaping isn’t as advanced as smoking as vaping is a relatively new habit. So from my knowledge there is also no research done on the second hand effect of vaping. However, what we do know is vaping has a lot of chemicals and it’s expected to be similarly bad as cigarettes. It’s not just in the fact that it may affect your pregnancy, but it’s effect may be seen much later as well. In children aged 2–3 years old, maternal smoking was associated with over activeness, aggressiveness, and oppositional tendencies. Overall, it has been established that maternal smoking negatively affects maternal physiological, behavioral, and developmental health, as well as neonatal health. Now that it’s done, nothing you can do about it - but I highly recommend that you walk off next time someone tries to vape in front of you.

Read more

I understand your concern, and it's important to prioritize the health of both you and your baby. While the long-term effects of secondhand vape exposure are still being studied, it's generally recommended to avoid exposure to any form of smoke or vapor during pregnancy. Vaping involves inhaling aerosolized substances, including nicotine and other chemicals, which can potentially be harmful to both you and your baby. Nicotine can restrict blood flow and oxygen to the baby, which may affect their growth and development. I would recommend discussing this situation with your healthcare provider. They will be able to provide personalized advice based on your specific circumstances and provide any necessary guidance or monitoring. In the future, if you find yourself in a similar situation, it's best to remove yourself from the area where vaping is taking place to minimize exposure. https://www.gotobuuy.com/lookah-seahorse-pro-plus-dab-pen.html

Read more

While I'm not a medical expert, it might be a good idea to consult your healthcare provider just to be on the safe side. In general, second-hand vape exposure is best minimized, especially during pregnancy. It's fantastic that you're proactive about your health and your baby's well-being. Perhaps next time, you can kindly ask your friend's boyfriend to vape away from you or in a well-ventilated area. On a side note, if you're considering alternatives for your friend's boyfriend, there are reputable places where you can Bulk Buy Vapes https://www.buyvapesbulk.co.uk/. These options often offer a variety of choices, ensuring a more considerate and discreet vaping experience.

Read more

not really sure about the side effects but for me I try to avoid second hand smoke or vape as much as I can. Even when I enter a lift full of cigarette smell I would try holding my breath or exit the lift if I'm going higher levels. (pre pregnancy I was okay with cigarette smell thou I don't smoke but during pregnancy my body auto cannot stand the smell anymore) My friends would now step away to smoke/vape during gatherings since they know I'm pregnant. But since it's not exposure to long period of time, I don't think there will be any significant impact.

Read more
2y trước

Yeah i try to avoid as much as I can as well but cause it was a gathering I couldn’t walk off… thanks!! I also hope so!! That it is not daily or prolonged exposure 🙏

Vape still contains with nicotine. (It’s still cigarette overall just that it smell “better”) Can’t imagine what is your friend’s boyfriend thinking when seeing a preg lady and yet still vaping?! and your friend didn’t stop him? Furthermore, i thought vape is illegal in SG? Please try avoid meeting such inconsiderate even after your baby is born as nicotine is really harmful to both of you. We didn’t choose/wanted to smoke, so why should we be e victims of these smokers? Take care mummy! I hope you’re feeling alright!

Read more
2y trước

Please protect yourself and your baby.. If this friend or her BF doesn’t care about your wellbeing, you should speak up. 💪🏻 Take care! 😊