Confinement after miscarriage

Hi mummies, I suffered a miscarriage just last night and still bleeding out now :( appt at kkh at tmr for a check up. I came across some post saying that it’s good to do a mini confinement after miscarriage. May I know what exactly do I have to do or eat during a confinement? What are the To do’s or not to do’s. #advicepls #pleasehelp

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi dear, sorry to hear that. I’ve been through it. My mum cooked confinement meals for me for 2 weeks. Mainly fish, kidney, liver and leafy vegetables with lots of ginger. I drank red dates and longan tea too. Also bought some herbal bath from medical hall to boil and shower with it. Avoid showering too late. My back was hurting very much, so I did a 2 sessions post natal massage. It will take around 6-7 weeks before your next period comes after all the post miscarriage blood is cleared. Also, give yourself space to grieve. Take walks if you’d like. Wish you speedy recovery. Take good care! You will have a miracle baby soon. ❤️

Read more
3y trước

Thanks so much for your reply and advice,Truly appreciated. So far I’ve been eating whatever my husband buys me and whatever I have at home. According to him and my MIL no foetus means not miscarriage.... I’ll make time to go medical hall to get herbal bath soon. It’s been really tiring and the bleeding is terrible. I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night a couple of times cause I can feel my pad soaked... You’re so brave for making it through!! You take good care and stay safe ❤️

Thành viên VIP

Sorry to hear that :( Yes. U can do mini confinement (2weeks or 4 weeks ) to strengthen your blood and energy back , also hormonal balance etc If u ain’t sure, can order tingkat :) let them know is for miscarriage foods. Avoid cold drinks ; carbonated drinks , sugary foods, junk food , household chores, workout ( if gynae give green light then can do light exercise ) , sexual activities. rest at least 2-3weeks. If u are still feeling weak, can do 4-6 weeks :) Always have a chat with family members / friends / gynae :)

Read more
3y trước

Np :) do rest well ! Speedy recovery ~ ♥️

Hi dear, sorry to hear that, last month I'm missed miscarriage, 6weeks. And I went Tcm, they said if less than 12weeks no need to do mini confinement, if more than 12weeks need have mini confinement. Pls take care

3y trước

Hi Angel, thanks for your reply. Actually I’m not too sure which week I am exactly. It was around week 11 when I starting bleeding excessively. I went kkh to check they said not everything is cleared so just let nature take it’s progress and let it clear naturally. Its week 12 now and still in progress so... does it count?