Miscarriage at 8 weeks

Hi mummies I just found out that I got a silent miscarriage at 8 weeks.. Still thinking if I should go for the surgery in a hospital or private clinic setting.. Any recommendations? Do u think that a mini confinement is necessary too?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had a miscarriage at week 11 but gyane informed me that my baby stop growing at week 8. Had oral mediation to flush the fetus out of my body. The fetus was out within 24hrs. Do note the cons of oral medication is that if the fetus does not flush out entirely, you will need to do a dnc surgery to clean your womb. Confinement wise, i think it depends on yourself, for me, i didn't do any mini confinement, just drink chicken essence.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

hugs!!! talk to your gynae regarding your options and also take note on the costs. yes pls have at least a 2 weeks confinement, you can order confinement food from Thomson (it’s expensive but their herbal soups are really good), next option is Tian Wei. please rest and don’t think too much! stay positive sister!

Read more

Depends on your budget. You can use medisave for hospital. And yes, a mini confinement is definitely needed. Rest as much as you can. I had a miscarriage 2 yrs ago and did a 2 weeks mini confinement and rest as much as I can before I decided to try again for another baby a yr later.

Best get assessed by a gynae before deciding on the next course of action. Confinement wise, maternity supplements would do you good to bring your body back to shape. The nutrients from there would provide more benefits than a mini confinement.

go for surgery n dont take pill cause if baby did not flush out through medicine u still need to go for surgery. confinement wise just dont eat any cooling food n avoid cold drinks.

Hi! So sorry to hear that >< how do u know its a silent miscarriage? Means there are no symptoms?