Breast pump

Hi mummies, do I need to prepare to bring my own breast pump to the hospital before I give birth?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Many hospitals recommend direct latching at the beginning, so if you’re only going to stay for 1-2 days, you probably don’t need to:) My daughter had to be readmitted at day 6 of life for phototherapy due to jaundice. So I brought my pump to pump out milk for her. I could only see and feed her every 3 hours, so I pumped at the 1.5 hour mark.

Read more
Super Mom

If you already have your pump it's good to bring just in case. I thought I didn't need it at first, but for the first few days I had almost no supply so I was recommended to pump to stimulate the milk production. Also because baby sleeps most of the time so I can't always direct latch

Thành viên VIP

I did direct latching during my stay in hospital but I think breast pump is a good to have to stimulate it more when baby isn’t with you or the Nurses there can teach you how to do it if you’re a first time mum. It’s good to have but not a must have.

Thành viên VIP

i bring but no use cos my milk only kick in on 3rd day and still very little, can just let baby latch if baby don't hv any complications

Thành viên VIP

Nope, hospital actually encourage direct latching. :)

Nope. Usually will encourage direct latch

Influencer của TAP

No need..

Thành viên VIP

nope,