Mummies, how do u cope wit the anxiety of leaving ur kids n go to work aft maternity leave ? As i goin to return to work tmr n the thought of leaving my younger girl which is 3 month old in the hand of a maid.. For my elder girl, i been taking care of her since day one until she went to childcare at the age of 18 months .. The thought of leaving my younger girl in the hand of someone else , make me sad ..

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Christina mummy, I believed most mummies have went thru this "tough period" especially after our maternity (*-*) hugz I have home camera so I will try to view it to ensure everything is well at home especially our little one. The first few weeks or months are the "teething phrase" where mummy and the baby will need to adjust themselves to the different daily habits (such as waking up by the alarm instead of the crying of the baby. Or squeezing into the mrt like a sardine fish etc. .lol ) You will naturally feel moody and thinking of quiting your job or feeling emotional for leaving your baby with others etc. Try to be positive and text your supportive mummies group for the strength to carry on. In no time, you will get through that and it may not be a bad idea to have your own space (am referring to working time/days) so that you can get re-connected with outside world and dress up to work to cheer up yourself:) Jia you Y (*-*)Y Happy mummy = Happy baby

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Yes I have the same feeling as you when I was about to go work. I did thought of changing to part time ans all. But I told myself that in order to go work I can provide him better. Also when at work I will miss him and look at his photos. Everyday go work and look towards the end of the day to see my boy. But mummy I personally feel best to have your mum or mil to be in the household too perhaps it will make you feel more assured. (My two cents worth)

Read more

I know it is difficult but you and the baby both will be fine in some time. Initially what you can do is, you can make calls in between the day and speak to the maid and ask about how your baby is doing. The best is, you can install CCTV cameras in the home and this way you can all the time monitor your baby and will be very relaxed.

Read more

Have the trust and faith in your maid, I guess she must be doing a good job otherwise you will not have made this decision to leave LO with her right. Keep yourself busy at work and maybe you will like to make a videocall home daily during lunch.

What usually helps me is the fact that I'm going to work for my baby, so that I can support my baby and give her everything that she can need in life. I know it's hard mummy but stay strong!!!! Your love and dedication is what makes you a great mummy

Do you have anyone who is able to over see when your helper look after your kids? Like your parents can come over to your house to stay for few hours? It's not easy but you would just have to endure and find out better ways to solve this issue!

Well, if can, who doesn't 1 to take care of their lo themselves? You have to talk to yr lo and daughter before going back to work to prepare them too. In this way, they will feel better and it is easier for them to accept.

Read more

Oh, unfortunately I wasn't successful at it. I tried to overcome my separation anxiety for more than 2 months but to no avail. I ended up quitting my corporate job and now I'm a super happy work at home mom! :)

I'm understand your feeling. Is advisable to install CCTV in your house for safety reason. You may inform your neighbour, if they hear anything strange from your house do keep you update if possible.

I would say install camera. secondly' I will place my kids photos around my work desk as an motivation for myself! I work hard so I can give my kids a better life