Mommies help! I’m in dilemma:(

Hi mommies. I currently have a 3.5 year old toddler and a newborn due this month. I took my helper a year plus ago because I was going back to work. But within 6 months I got pregnant and quit my job too. So since my pregnancy I’m at home. Was thinking of going back to work once my newborn turns 1. But now as the day approaches I keep having 2nd thoughts bout going back to work. I don’t feel comfortable leaving my baby full time at home for my helper to tc. 1) I don’t want my baby to become attached to her 2) don’t think she can learn much from my helper 3) I already don’t feel too happy bout how she is with my toddler in terms of being too attached to him. I talked to my husband bout it, saying I am not keen to go back to work, I rather stay at home to tc of the house n children n cancel off the helper: he thinks I’m not capable of handling both housework n taking care of kids. But I want to. I mean that’s what moms are for right? I already feel like I have no privacy at home with a helper around, I miss how things were without a helper. My children’s room is currently occupied by her. I feel like with her around I can never do my kids room the way I want because I need to facilitate to her needs. I just miss my house being my house. Without a full time job I’m still capable of having some income as I’m a freelance photographer. I do events on weekends. I would still be able to contribute to the household income. Husband’s salary is ok to run family too. Ofc without having to pay for helpers salary and levy every month we would have an extra amount on our hands too. My husband says see how.. see if I can handle two kids .. but I have really made up my mind to be the full time caretaker for my upcoming baby too.. like legit I don’t feel comfortable leaving my baby with her to go work . I don’t think my mind will ever be at ease. How do I hint to my helper that I might be letting go of her before baby turns 8-10 months. ?? She’s abit too attached to us , as much as I like her I don’t want to keep her. She abit too attached to us like.. yes we consider her family but at the end of the day she’s not., she’s replaceable.. how do I tell her that I have decided to stay home to tc of kids full time n I wish to let go of her??

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

if the helper's character is good, I would drop hints 2 weeks before letting her go so she can be mentally prepared for it. and I ask agency to start looking for employer for her, to Shorten her waiting time. if the helper's character can't be trusted then arrange transport with agency, then wait till the last day to ask her to pack bag remember to check her bags for your stuff. I've found 20 over stolen items from my most trusted helper. 😨

Read more

I wouldn’t put so much emotion in this. You’re the employer. Give enough notice period and that’s it.