MIL always confront baby sitter

My mother-in-law always thinks there's a problem with my child's babysitter. I've already changed babysitters twice because they kept arguing with my mother-in-law. Either they weren't clean enough, or they were too close to my child. The problem is, my mother-in-law is confrontational and likes to yell. None of the babysitters can handle it. I talked to my husband. He spoke to his mother, but she got mad and said, 'That's because I love your child!!! That's my grandchild!!!' I don't know anymore. I'm so stressed. Now I have to find another babysitter because I really need one. I have to work, and it's impossible to leave my child with just the grandmother. P.S. She also doesn't allow me to put my child in daycare. Ugh.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally, I feel my baby I call the shots. If her love language means yelling, does she like your husband to yell at her to show her love then? I feel giving in is one thing, indulging is another. At this point, I would just register for a slot, times up, send baby in. What can she do? Forcefully take baby from school (don’t put her in the authorised pick up list) or block the gate daily?

Read more

If the MIL is not helping at all, limit baby’s contact and interaction with the mil, yelling is really not good for the baby’s development. They are so sensitive to the environment and can feel tension and hostility, and it can have adverse reactions. They are supposed to be cared for in a loving environment, your baby may do better in a good infant care.

Read more

Agree with the other mummies..all the yelling is stressful for the baby. If she finds that none of the baby sitters are good enough, tell her that you'll put the baby to ifc, coz you can't possibly keep changing babysitters all the time. Seek your husband's support on this, and be firm about it. She's not the parents, and the parents have final say.

Read more

I feel you should just decide what's best since you are the child's mother. You don't have to seek her approval for it. The most she can do is just being loud but ultimately at the end of the day she can't do anything also if you decide to put your child at daycare

Mil is the problem. Period. And why is she the one deciding whether you put your child in daycare or not when shes not the one taking care of the baby??? Whats her contribution if she doesnt allow

Influencer của TAP

every family has to weigh their own pros & cons... ultimately, our child is our own & it is up to us to have the final say...

just do ur best to take,care of ur baby. mothers knows best

2mo trước

Wow, amazing! So you do know how to type proper replies! I thought you only knew emojis and fullstops 😱.