Cheating Husband who makes less money than me

Just found out my husband of 8 years has been cheating on me. I'm devastated but more concerned for the kids - they are 3 and 5, and from every study I have read, divorce is one of the worst things that can happen to a child. I can't bear to do this to them but at the same time, I'm not sure I can ever forgive my husband. I am not financially dependent on him (I actually make more money than him). He is still a great father...I really don't know what to do. Please help.

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My ex-husband had flings thorough my pregnancy and I was very bend on giving him a chance because I thought he would change after our son was born... but I was wrong. He had an affair less than a month after I gave birth, never once offered to help me with the baby (his excuse: you have 12 weeks of holiday!) and was always "sleeping" but was actually in chatrooms. He blamed me for not being my usual self, for not attending to his sexual needs, for basically being a woman who had just given birth. I walked out and left home 6 weeks after I had given birth and filed for divorce. Never once did I ever regretted my decision although I am aware of the consequences my son would face in the future but it definitely beats him growing up in an environment where a man thinks it's perfectly fine to behave like that. At least this way, I can make sure he grows up to be a proper man with good values instilled in him. That's my job as a mother - to make sure he grows up right and be of good use to the community.

Read more