EDD in March 2022, will you take the vaccine?

I’ve been contemplating. Gynae encourages but honestly your child will be your liability if anything happens. There are days I want to just take and protect myself from Covid but there are days when I’m worried about the developmental issues that may happen as a result of my decision. If your EDD is in March 2022, will you take? #advicepls

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am currently almost due for delivery soon.I have completed both my vaccination dose not long ago,will be fully vaccinated effectively this 8/8/2021. Took my first jab on 4/8/2021 during my 33 weeks of pregnancy gestation, Pfizer just common side effects like sore arm starting at night till next day,fatigue but nil fever. Just drink enough water and rest at home as much as possible. Took my second jab on 25/8 recently at 36 weeks + of pregnancy gestation, same side effects too.but i never take Panadol even though I can could,for me unless I am burning out due to fever. both dose taken I am always ensuring myself to monitor my health and baby movements daily as well as try to avoid going outside especially crowded places during this pandemic season. I asked my gynae doctor beforehand during my pregnancy weeks 26 weeks + for the COVID-19 vaccination and he just told me the facts but the choices to make decision is mine whether to take or not. obviously I am like you all too that time want to take later after my delivery but then after awhile the cases in community keep on rising up and I reconsidered my decision for the sake of both me and my baby’s health,to protect ourselves and I do heard that my unborn baby also will have antibodies when I got vaccinated. I took the vaccination after weighing the pros and cons, coz the risk too big for unvaccinated and vulnerable people like us if getting infected by the virus. I am doing so to prevent both me and baby from suffering very bad in case contracting with the virus while pregnant or during delivery. Stay strong and be firm for your decision and do it if that is what you want. Everyone has their own opinions and people surrounding you should respect the decision you made or support them.

Read more
3y trước

Thanks for sharing !

Hi Mummy, I am 36 weeks, not vaccinated. I would encourage you to read the research paper about vaccines for pregnant ladies. It is public. The main things I noted from the study: - 80% of the enrolled ladies are 26-40 y.o. Caucasian health care workers. (Not sure if you can relate to that) - the study only looks at short term side effects in pregnant ladies - there is no data on long term side effects - the only outcome for babies they look at is whether they are stillborn or not - no saliva or blood sample are taken, so you actually don't know if the baby is effected other ways, and again no data for long-term side effects in babies. - the study does not claim that the vaccine is safe for pregnant women, they claim only that it is better to be vaccinated than encounter Covid. - there is no evidence that the vaccine can provide any kind of protection for baby during your first and second trimester. So, please keep yourself informed, and make your best judgement based on the information you gather and your circumstances. At this point in time, there is a lot we don't know. This is not an easy time to make this decision, so educate yourself first.

Read more
3y trước

This is so helpful thank you!

My edd is feb 2022 and just took my first jab at 18 weeks a few days ago. Initially wanted to wait til after delivery, but with the cases going up, I feel that it’s risky to not take it. My gynae strongly encouraged me to take it in the second trimester. She said there’s a chance that if a pregnant woman gets serious covid, the baby may have to be delivered early or sacrificed to save the mum. I do not wish to be in that situation and regret not having taken the vaccine. Even though my immediate family members are all vaccinated, with so many breakthrough cases happening, it doesn’t mean they are immune and will not pass it to me. For peace of mind, I decided to go for it. I have several pregnant friends who also went for it with the encouragement of their gynae. If I were close to delivery I might wait, but I still have almost half a year to go. Understanding how mRNA works also helped me in making my decision to go ahead.

Read more

Hi fellow mummies, I asked my gynae twice before she finally gave me the green light to proceed 2 weeks ago. I took my first jab at week 25 and only had sore arm on the 2nd and 3rd day. Taking my second jab on 18 Sep. My Edd is early Dec. I was also in a dilemma previously but seeing the no of unlinked case in the community on the rise, I decided to take the jabs. I can wfh as much as possible but I still need to go back to office at time. My husband goes to office most of the time and recently his company has confirmed covid case and all the staffs need to self test daily. All is good for my husband so far. But what if it isn't, we are all more vulnerable without the vaccination. In this circumstances, I would rather look at what I can control in the short term. Just my two cents thought. Be comfortable what whatever decision you make.

Read more
3y trước

No problem. A safe pregnancy to all fellow mummies!

Hello! My EDD is in early March and I’ll be taking my second dose on Friday 10 Sept - week 14D5. I took my first dose of Pfizer in late June before I knew I was pregnant; my gynae also told me to get my second dose in the second trimester. My husband wanted me to wait a little longer but I decided to just go ahead because I’m working closely with young children (and they’re not vaccinated). While i also have concerns about developmental issues if i were to take the jab, I’ve read that the vaccine doesn’t go directly to the baby as it only enters our body. (Not sure if this makes sense I couldn’t find the article) hope this helps you in your decision making.

Read more
3y trước

Thanks for sharing!

Hi mummy! My EDD is in Jan2022, a few months before yours. I took my first jab when i entered into 4mths (2nd tri). I totally understand your thoughts, and did struggle with them before deciding. My train of thought was this - people around me are all/almost fully vaxxed, hence they will have some immunity towards the virus. But if they happen to be carrier of the virus & eventually i get covid from them…baby & i will suffer more trying to fight & recover, esp we cant/better not take some medications. I cant let that happen, thats why ive decided to take the jab. So i can “fight” better if i really do contract covid next time. Hope this helps!

Read more
3y trước

Thanks for sharing!

I took my 1st jab at week 30 and 2nd jab week 35. Research from other countries show nb will carry antibodies at birth. How long it will last is unknown. Long term side effects is unknown and probably unknown next 5 years at least. I weigh this against unknown of antibodies passing through breastfeeding (present in the milk but how much is absorb by baby), potential impact on supply and amongst that caring for nb. So I decided unknown factor is the same, might as well take it sooner

Read more

My EDD is Jan 2022. I just took my 2nd dose. So far I feel fine. I weighed the pros and cons of taking now or after birth. Then I realised after confinement body also weak, then best is not to breastfeed also. Furthermore, I work in high risk environment with elderly. So after discussion with my husband, I decided to take now. I would suggest take during 2nd trimester too, as more stable. But definitely discuss with your loved ones and just do what feels right for you. 😀

Read more
3y trước

Thanks for sharing!

30weeks and not vaccinated. Honestly this is a personal choice. Do your research and weigh the consequences. For me , I am rather concern over the long term side effects and health issues that may affect the baby. The vaccine is still very new and research is limited. Catching covid and may require icu or facing long term health issue for baby, Which consequence are you more comfortable with ?

Read more
3y trước

I think the chances of catching the virus is still not that high to be worried yet . and quoting from gov.sg telegram, " Over the last 28 days, among the infected persons, the percentage of unvaccinated who became severely ill or died is 5.2%, while that for the fully vaccinated is 1.0%." weighing the chances of catching the virus and in the event of catching and be severely ill is only 5.2%. Is it really worth it to risk the unborn child to potential longterm side effects? while the govt encourages, it is mostly base on the pregnant mother's safety and some on being socially responsibility. If anything happens, the govt are not taking responsibilty. The way they put it is , the vaccination is voluntary, it is your choice.

Already took my first jab yesterday. March EDD. Go take it. If you realize and watch the news, the government is not gonna take ANY action against further spike of Covid including unlinked transmissions. And if you do research you will realize the vaccinate also protects your unborn baby. All the best to you if you are not vaccinated.

Read more