Singapore Dad-to-be advise

In Singapore, as we are approaching delivery date, as a Dad-to-be, I am looking for information related to how to be prepared for delivery. Kindly help to clarify the following : 1. Since the delivery can take place at part of the day , should I go for rental car along with private driver so that when the delivery pain comes can go to hospital directly without waiting for grab booking ? 2. Which is the recommended insurance for babies ? 3. Which is better service - nanny service or domestic helper ? Anything else I am missing, kindly advise Thanks, Ram #firstbaby #pregnancy #dad-to-be #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1. Having a rental car may be ideal, but am also of opinion that a grab/taxi is sufficient. Depending how far you live away from the hospital and the timing - whether it’s peak or otherwise, you may like to book sooner than later from when contractions start. I had my contractions around 2ish, had an online meeting while eating my last meal, then had a shower and got ready. So the point is, there’s enough time. 3. I don’t have either, but when planning, was a bit worried that if we didn’t get along with the nanny or have different opinions of doing things, then it becomes difficult and also don’t want to change. Of course, there are many positive outcomes. Domestic helper is similar though there is the added longer term support provided. But it comes with the added costs and lock in period of contract. So I guess if you have plans to send the child to infant care once your wife is done with maternity, then perhaps a nanny is a helpful aid at the beginning. Keep calm, have back up plans and go with the flow ☺️

Read more