Stress

I'm currently staying with my mother in law. I was planning to do 100days instead of 1st month because I feel have more time to prepare and would be easier in terms to booking venue and stuff. however, my mil is against the idea and insist on celebrating baby's 1st month. tried to explain to her our concern (financially) but she still kind of wants her way. don't wish to go against that because I'm worry might be seeing her black face... but I feel, baby is mine, so me and my husband should have th say instead of her. :/ I feel so not respected as my LO's parent.....

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sending you hugs :) I think you have to stand firm because I feel that the moment you give in, she’ll expect that of you every other times. Other than 1st month celebration, there are many other traditions that other generations believe in, like shaving bald on 1st month then feeding some biscuits/chicken on 4th month or using rice wine to apply on baby’s bald spot etc. You can get your husband to be own your side so it’s easier for him to reject his mother. Personally if MIL black face and ignore me and leave my child alone, I’ll be more than happy.

Read more