Stress

I'm currently staying with my mother in law. I was planning to do 100days instead of 1st month because I feel have more time to prepare and would be easier in terms to booking venue and stuff. however, my mil is against the idea and insist on celebrating baby's 1st month. tried to explain to her our concern (financially) but she still kind of wants her way. don't wish to go against that because I'm worry might be seeing her black face... but I feel, baby is mine, so me and my husband should have th say instead of her. :/ I feel so not respected as my LO's parent.....

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I kind of understand what you are going through... What me and my wife do is whenever her parents say anything we do not agree, we would tell her parents that my wife say dont want to do etc.. Kinda blame it on my wife.. Same thing if my parents wanna do or say something we do not agree, we would say its my idea to not do it or rather i do not want to do it. It works well. Cause end of day, my parents will just nag and i just dont care. It boils down to one thing.. Our kid our way.. They can advise etc, but please understand and respect that its our decision and it's our kids. FULLSTOP

Read more