NUH & KKH after giving birth

Hello, If there are moms who delivered baby recently or during covid period at NUH or KKH, please advise whether the hospitals allow; - for husband to participate in labor & stay at delivery suite? - can we do skin to skin with baby and give first breast milk immediately after giving birth in case of natural birth? - if I stay at single ward, can I stay with baby for 24 hours, giving breastfeeding milk not powder milk, instead of letting nurses take care of baby? Due to Covid, i am not sure whether there are any changes in hospital policy.. Thank you in advance!!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I gave birth in NUH on Feb. Still in pandemic but not as bad as now. Do go to their FB page to check their updated policy. NUH does update it there. - Yes, husband is able to participate and stay at the delivery suite. From what I read, husband needs to do a swab test before accompanying. My husband did not need to do any swab test back in Feb. - Yes can. Just let the gynae/nurse know. But usually they will pass the baby to you for a while, right after birth before they clean the baby and do the necessary checks. - Also can. Let the nurse know but they will still take bring baby back to nursery at times to do some necessary checks. Both NUH & KKH are pro breastfeeding hospitals so they do encourage mummies to direct latch their baby. But do know that your milk will not come immediately after birth but only your colostrum.

Read more

Hi i gave birth 2weeks ago via csect at kkh, yes they will allow u to do skin to skin with baby once its out. No matter which ward u stayed in baby will be with you throughout your stay, they will only bring baby back to nursery for screening and will push them back to your bedside once done.